Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jul 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
Everyone is different. The only time I haven't wanted to eat was in February 2012 when OH and I were actually unwell. The temperature was up in the mid-to-high 80s during both our 2015 trips and hit the 90s in our Aug 2016 trip. We were still hungry and still wanted to eat. We just drank loads as well.
I agree. The heat affects some people's appetites but not mine and all the walking makes me hungry!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Stretching credits

It depends on your children's appetites & the menu choices but sometimes you could use 2 credits for the adults & pay OOP for kids meals.

As already suggested, most days we would have breakfast in room whilst getting ready, usually cereal bars/breakfast biscuit type things.

If we were paying OOP every couple of days when we felt in need of a "proper" sit down meal we would get ourselves to Disney springs & walk up to crossroads. There is also a little supermarket there so you can stock up on anything you are in need of. Not sure if you will have a car but if you didn't fancy the walk I wouldn't think an Uber would cost an awful lot.

Maybe, this would stretch the budget for a "special" meal or two in Disney.

It can cost you a fortune but it doesn't need to for you all to have a fantastic time. You have been given lots of great tips to help stretch those pennies. Have a magical time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minigirl762003 View Post
Thanks for all your replays. I have just spoken to Disney. To upgrade our eating plan to QS will cost us £1008. If I've worked it out correctly that means it's £48 a day for 4 of us. Very tempted to do this.
If you going to be eating onsite anyway then I would do it. It will give you an extra qs meals 2 x snacks which really add up if paying oop and the refill mug too. Ok so some people might spend less is paying oop and being very careful with what they buy/sharing meals but for me peace of mind knowing that most of your meals are paid for and the freedom to say yes you can have the extra ice cream or whatever the kids fancy is worth it

4 x burger & fries with drinks can be around $50-$60 kids meals are cheaper but I found they were not really big enough for my lot last trip though lots find them ample
snacks are around $5 each that is $20+ a time if you have one each

Edited at 11:01 AM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the replies. Due to getting a little bonus at work and a PPI claim cheque arriving we have decided to go for it. This means I won't be stressing about how much food cost when we are there and we will still have all our spending money to be able to really treat the kids whilst we are there.

We are all getting very excited now 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minigirl762003 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Due to getting a little bonus at work and a PPI claim cheque arriving we have decided to go for it. This means I won't be stressing about how much food cost when we are there and we will still have all our spending money to be able to really treat the kids whilst we are there.

We are all getting very excited now 😆
Fantastic 😀 Have a great time
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
You've made the right decision. As you're on site without a car it's the way to go. Okay, you may not always be ahead with the food costs v paying OOP, but it's the convenience as much as anything.

Tip: if you want ice cream, forget the Mickey Bars: they're like supermarket own-brand Magnums and will melt in seconds if you're out in 80+ temperatures. For a fantastic ice cream head to The Plaza and get a 2-scoop sundae in a wafer bowl with cream and toppings for only one snack! Much, much nicer than generic soft vanilla icecream. As soon as you bite into a Mickey Bar half the chocolate falls off anyway.

In Epcot, OH and I bought icecream at the French glace place - again divine. Others buy at the Italian glace place.

At Disney Springs we got 2 scoops of Giradhelli for one snack (although someone has reported you can't get that any more).

If 2 scoops each is too much, you could always get 2 and share them!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List