Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Sep 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
10 Day trip has Volcano Bay calmed down yet?

Guys

Did a search, but can only find threads relating to the Summer or at least when UK kids were off school.

We are in Orlando for 10 days in November.

Question is two fold, is Volcano Bay worth it? Despite all our years of visiting we have never been in Orlando when Typhoon Lagoon is open , so are planning a visit there (as opposed to BB which we have done loads of times). The water coaster looks fun, but a water park is a eater park isn't it?

Secondly has the craziness died down at all, and have they ironed out the Tapu issues? Recent reviews on TA are not great, and while I always take reviews on there with a large pinch of salt, the complaints seem to be around cleanliness and wait times.

I appreciate a lot of this is subjective, but don't want to waste a day of my tip being frustrated wishing I was doing something else. so would be really grateful for some opinions.

V

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
crystal_owl
Earning More Ears

We went yesterday and had an amazing time! Loads of rides were Ride Now and those we had to Tapu for we never actually had to wait the advertised time before we could go on. We rode everything and some things twice apart from the two smaller trapdoor slides as they were shut. It definitely got busier in the early afternoon but there were still plenty of Ride Nows and places to sit. Tapu Pay wouldn't work which was a minor annoyance, but not a big deal. Husband lost his first Tapu in the lazy river and replacing it was really quick and easy. We both agreed we'd like to go back this trip. I'd read all the bad reviews too so went in feeling slightly apprehensive but it was a great day. I think it makes a huge difference going off season.
crystal_owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

We went to Volcano Bay in the first week of September. We stayed at Royal Pacific so got to use the extra hour before official park opening. We did all the rides we wanted in the first hour. The park wasn't as busy as I expected but all the US schools had gone back which probably made a big difference.
Our family had a brilliant day there and the kids thought it was the best water park the had been to. My only complaint was the food we had was terrible and overpriced.
All in all, I would definately go back there again but would be looking to eat elsewhere or take our own food.
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Can you definitely take your own food inside there? Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Typhoon lagoon is always good but more younger child friendly imo. We love it though especially crusher gusher always doing it a dozen times across the 3 different ways down.

We didn't do VB in summer as it was rammed. I would suspect its quieter at the moment. If you have passes included then do it, if not i would stay with TL.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks guys, it does look appealing but only having ten days in the area I want to make the most of it. from what you are saying it appears that it's Summer crowds they struggled with? Who knows it may be too cold to swim in November anyways!

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi,

We went on 14th September (couple of days after Irma so still enjoying low crowds...) and had a great time.

Got through the turnstiles about 9:20am, walked to the left around the wave pool and first lockers were full. Walked up to the next set by the Bamboo restaurant and loads left. Lots of loungers all around. The two smaller drop slides were closed but we did everything else by 12.30. Everything was RIDE NOW apart from the big drop slide, we tapped at about 11.30 with a 70 minute return time, got buzzed to go ride at 12ish.

Had a really nice lunch at Feasting Frog, beef tacos and a corn dog with ice waters, came to less than $20.

Tip: ask for your food (i.e. Corn dog) on its own and you won't get given tortilla chips and salsa, saving $4! We shared the chips that came with the tacos and it was plenty.

Lockers are more expensive than Disney, $12 for a medium that easily stored a backpack and two pairs of shoes.

Admittedly we experienced a VERY low crowd week but we felt we had "completed" the park with a lunch break in about 4.5 hours.

If you like water parks - Go! But avoid the weekend. We spoke to a family who went on the Sunday 3 days later than us and they said everything was 3 hour waits.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List