Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

View Poll Results: Which is your Favourite Counter Service Resturant
Be Our Guest Restaurant, Breakfast/Lunch - Fantasyland 65 18.79%
Casey's Corner - Main Street 26 7.51%
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café - Tomorrowland 51 14.74%
Columbia Harbour House - Liberty Square 104 30.06%
Golden Oak Outpost - Frontierland 4 1.16%
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Frontierland 57 16.47%
Pinocchio Village Haus - Fantasyland 32 9.25%
Sleepy Hollow - Liberty Square 3 0.87%
Sunshine Tree Terrace - Adventureland 0 0%
The Friar's Nook - Fantasyland 2 0.58%
Tortuga Tavern - Adventureland 2 0.58%
Westward Ho - Frontierland 0 0%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jan 18, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
McP-family
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
It has to be Columbia Harbor Housre Best fish and chips on property. The ones at Epcot's Uk are appalling.
Really? I find the ones at Epcot ok. Not the best I've ever had but certainly better than some I've had back home in the UK.
Old 29 Jan 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Toodles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi There
Seems a lot of votes for Colombia Harbour House... I see mention of an upstairs and of it being a bit quieter ... does anyone know if this area is wheelchair accessible?
Oh Toodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Oh Toodles View Post
Hi There
Seems a lot of votes for Colombia Harbour House... I see mention of an upstairs and of it being a bit quieter ... does anyone know if this area is wheelchair accessible?
I must admit i only visited once last year but I didn’t see a lift or anything ,just stairs . I know the toilets were downstairs
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I voted Columbia harbour house, love the shrimp and the quietness of upstairs. I would have said pecos bill until they changed the menu.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Columbia Harbour house is the first choice for us. Peco's bill is a fairly close second.

We found CHH on our first visit and keep going back. Its the first "in park" QS meal every year.
Peco's bills has improved tremendously since the menu was revamped.
Old 31 Jan 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I must admit we struggle with quick service restaurants at Magic Kingdom as vegetarians and healthy eaters . When we’re at MK we tend to just snack and eat table service at one of the resorts or offsite.

Be Our Guest used to be our favourite, especially for lunch, but we felt the quality and quantity had reduced last year so not in a rush to go back.

Columbia Harbor House is quite nice, but I voted for Tortuga Tavern because of their vegetarian rice bowl which was really good when we last had it a couple of years ago. Apparently it’s still available although not on the menu, so planning to ask for that this year. I also like their toppings bar and the location, it reminds me of my childhood trips .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ChesterDraws
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I must admit we struggle with quick service restaurants at Magic Kingdom as vegetarians and healthy eaters . When we’re at MK we tend to just snack and eat table service at one of the resorts or offsite.

Be Our Guest used to be our favourite, especially for lunch, but we felt the quality and quantity had reduced last year so not in a rush to go back.

Columbia Harbor House is quite nice, but I voted for Tortuga Tavern because of their vegetarian rice bowl which was really good when we last had it a couple of years ago. Apparently it’s still available although not on the menu, so planning to ask for that this year. I also like their toppings bar and the location, it reminds me of my childhood trips .
I just looked at the Tortuga Tavern menu and it's just hot dogs, ribs and turkey legs. Are you sure they still do rice bowls? I haven't been to Pecos Bill since they switched the style of food with Tortuga Tavern (because Pecos used to do the best veggie burgers until then), but they do rice bowls and lots of items which could be made veggie or healthy by substituting a few things (switching meat for extra veggies or beans). They have a new taco filling of lightly breaded cauliflower with mango salsa, so I'll be trying that next time I think, with some (lots) of the fixing bar toppings. Looking at other quick service veggie options in the park: Tomorrowland Terrace QS now has a veggie burger, and Columbia Harbor House has got rid of the hummus sandwich, but still has veggie chili as a snack option. It also has a really (far too) healthy looking broccoli and mixed greens salad as a main.
ChesterDraws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChesterDraws View Post
I just looked at the Tortuga Tavern menu and it's just hot dogs, ribs and turkey legs. Are you sure they still do rice bowls? I haven't been to Pecos Bill since they switched the style of food with Tortuga Tavern (because Pecos used to do the best veggie burgers until then), but they do rice bowls and lots of items which could be made veggie or healthy by substituting a few things (switching meat for extra veggies or beans). They have a new taco filling of lightly breaded cauliflower with mango salsa, so I'll be trying that next time I think, with some (lots) of the fixing bar toppings. Looking at other quick service veggie options in the park: Tomorrowland Terrace QS now has a veggie burger, and Columbia Harbor House has got rid of the hummus sandwich, but still has veggie chili as a snack option. It also has a really (far too) healthy looking broccoli and mixed greens salad as a main.
Yes, we definitely had the rice bowls at Tortuga Tavern in 2015 but I think you’re right; I saw a video on Disney Food Blog yesterday mentioning that the rice bowls are now at Pecos Bill rather than Tortuga Tavern. I think the two places have changed menus a few times since we ate there and like you say, have almost swapped now from what they both served a few years ago.

So my vote should now be for Pecos Bill rather than Tortuga Tavern .

I think it’s a shame that several interesting / healthy / vegetarian options have been removed from the parks (especially Magic Kingdom). The Lighthouse sandwich was great. I think Disney often try to do more interesting foods (Skipper Canteen, Satu’li Canteen) and then end up bringing in burgers / nuggets etc because so many people just want to eat that when they’re in the parks.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I also like Cosmic Rays but didn't realise there was 'entertainment there'! What is it exactly and when is it usually on?
It’s Sonny Eclipse who is an audio animatronic. He is an alien and sings cheesy songs. I think it is on pretty much all the time?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List