Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Apr 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Always had ddp, but next yr doing qsdp.. am I doing the rght thing?

My kids last year decided that all the character meals were not for them, and we as a family decided that our next trip ( June 2018) will be qsdp.. I know it's not all burgers and fries as this will be our 4 th visit.
I will be booking ohanas, trails end buffet and mama Melrose.

My only concern is as we are staying at Caribbean beach resort.. the food court will most probably not be finished.. my kids love their breakfast..
Not sure what apart from Starbucks is there in the parks to fill them up.. we normally had character breakfast every day.

Ideas please for breakfast.. they don't do cereal.. at home it's crossaints, brioche, yogurts and fruit.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Wolf gang Puck in the Marketplace at DD does a good QS breakfast so you could do one breakfast there also maybe try Earl of Sandwich, on the resorts on the monorail for one day before going to MK. I am not sure but Sunshine Season might still do breakfast at Epcot I would have a look at the Disney menus and go from there. We have had used the QSDP 2 times and I have never had a burger yet.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

You can easily get croissants brioche yogurt and fruit in your room if you have a car or get a delivery.

Epcot has a great French deli.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have a car, then it might be worth picking up some breakfast bits? Or a garden grocer delivery. We're on QSDP this year and we're planning on getting a GG delivery for breakfast stuff, my partner and girls are all grumpy in the morning until they've eaten, so I need to make sure they eat ASAP! Also we'll get some wine/beers for the room as with 2 little ones I imagine there'll have to be a few early evenings we'll be stuck in the room.

I expect they will still cater well even if the food court is closed, POFQ had their food court closed last year and by the sounds of things the temporary replace Kent was adequate.

You can also get BOG breakfast on the QSDP on your MK days.
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Take a look in the trip report section. Vickie (loves2plan) is writing a daily QSDP report. She has loads of good tips. You can see the type of food items available which definitely includes croissants, yoghurt etc she also happens to be staying at CBR.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Why not have a couple of breakfasts at Be Our Guest? Those are CRAZY good value on the QSDP (as each breakfast would normally set you back $25) - and you can share.

A little tray of pastries (muffin, croissant, pain au chocolat, etc...) is included with breakfast.

DS and I had a French-style breakfast there one morning (so baguette, cheese, meat) - and a quiche another morning.

If you book a pre-park opening breakfast, you can get some good park photos - and also ride 7DMT before the hordes arrive from Main Street.

You can click on the trippie link in my signature below if you want to see snaps of the food at BOG. We ate there on Days 9 and 11. Hope this helps!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Wolf gang Puck in the Marketplace at DD does a good QS breakfast so you could do one breakfast there also maybe try Earl of Sandwich, on the resorts on the monorail for one day before going to MK. I am not sure but Sunshine Season might still do breakfast at Epcot I would have a look at the Disney menus and go from there. We have had used the QSDP 2 times and I have never had a burger yet.
Thanks had a few meals at wgp.. and earl of sandwich...

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Why not have a couple of breakfasts at Be Our Guest? Those are CRAZY good value on the QSDP (as each breakfast would normally set you back $25) - and you can share.

A little tray of pastries (muffin, croissant, pain au chocolat, etc...) is included with breakfast.

DS and I had a French-style breakfast there one morning (so baguette, cheese, meat) - and a quiche another morning.

If you book a pre-park opening breakfast, you can get some good park photos - and also ride 7DMT before the hordes arrive from Main Street.

You can click on the trippie link in my signature below if you want to see snaps of the food at BOG. We ate there on Days 9 and 11. Hope this helps!
On our mk days we will be going to bog.. as had breakfast there last time and loved it.

Old 8 Apr 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Take a look in the trip report section. Vickie (loves2plan) is writing a daily QSDP report. She has loads of good tips. You can see the type of food items available which definitely includes croissants, yoghurt etc she also happens to be staying at CBR.
Thanks...

Old 8 Apr 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lilyrose View Post
If you have a car, then it might be worth picking up some breakfast bits? Or a garden grocer delivery. We're on QSDP this year and we're planning on getting a GG delivery for breakfast stuff, my partner and girls are all grumpy in the morning until they've eaten, so I need to make sure they eat ASAP! Also we'll get some wine/beers for the room as with 2 little ones I imagine there'll have to be a few early evenings we'll be stuck in the room.

I expect they will still cater well even if the food court is closed, POFQ had their food court closed last year and by the sounds of things the temporary replace Kent was adequate.

You can also get BOG breakfast on the QSDP on your MK days.
Won't have a car, but staying on I drive for our 1st 4 days so will stock up at a Walmart before we hit disney