Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 17, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Is Virgin Premium Economy for return leg worth £200pp

I found a great price flying Virgin and have been given the option when booking to upgrade the inbound leg to Premium Economy for £200. Obviously 'worth' is hard to measure, but I'm trying to gauge whether Premium is a lot better (in your opinion) to standard economy or whether it's no big deal and to save the cash.

From what I can see online there is a bit more leg room. Are the seats that much wider? Not worried about the upgraded meal or wander wall as we'll try and sleep.

What is your opinion of economy v premium economy and would you pay £200pp to upgrade inbound leg?

(I've never flown Virgin so don't know the planes. I've flown economy with many airlines and BA CW - but that's much different)
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Personally I would do it, you'll get an extra case as well! There's quite a lot more legroom and the seats are wider, better food, although it's never great coming home I don't think! I'd still do it though for that price!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
£200 each or for all of you ? If it is all of you then I would snap their hands off. If it is each for a family of 4 i.e. £800 I personally would spend that money elsewhere. That would be a good part of your park tickets paid rather than a slighter bigger seat to sit on for 8 hours.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
£200 each or for all of you ? If it is all of you then I would snap their hands off. If it is each for a family of 4 i.e. £800 I personally would spend that money elsewhere. That would be a good part of your park tickets paid rather than a slighter bigger seat to sit on for 8 hours.
It's 5 of us, so £1000.

This is an extra, last minute 'bargain trip' to use our annual passes one last time before they expire!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I personally wouldn't do it. I am not bothered about the flight it is just a vehicle to get me there. I haven't paid £1000 for all 4 flights ! At the end of the day if you want to give it a try then go for it but it wouldn't be a priority for me, I would spend d that £1000 when I got there.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I personally wouldn't do it. I am not bothered about the flight it is just a vehicle to get me there. I haven't paid £1000 for all 4 flights ! At the end of the day if you want to give it a try then go for it but it wouldn't be a priority for me, I would spend d that £1000 when I got there.
We normally fly BA CW and that is worth paying for. Economy I have found pretty much the same whoever we have flown with. As you say, that's £1000 for a nicer villa or spends.

We are paying £400pp Virgin direct flights and SUV car hire in school summer hols - I thought that was pretty decent
Old 18 May 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

I wouldn't pay that to be honest, Premium Economy looks nice and yes the seats are wider and more leg room etc, but that's a lot of money - I've just flown back with Virgin in "normal" seats and they were perfectly fine.
Old 18 May 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

IMO not worth that amount of money. Although you do get extra baggage allowance, if you would be paying for that anyway it is worth removing that from the cost.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

Hold out if I were you for another price, I kept phoning every other day and I got them for £98pp for the return leg. It was wonderful and the first time I have ever slept on a plane xx
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by zoebums View Post
Hold out if I were you for another price, I kept phoning every other day and I got them for £98pp for the return leg. It was wonderful and the first time I have ever slept on a plane xx
Thank you for the advice. I think I'll booth economy and keep phoning