Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jun 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile BOG breakfast

Hi, I know breakfast at BOG gets mixed reviews but it's not a bad QS credit so what would you recommend?
I fancied the open faced thing but now it's served on a croissant and I hate croissants ☹️
Any suggestions? Photos? 😏
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm quite gutted they changed the open faced sandwich (which I loved) to a croissant. $24 for a croissant seems worse than for a baguette somehow.

My husband raved and raved about the cronut. It has the same caramel sauce as the bread pudding at Ohana. Far too sweet for me though.

This was the baguette version of the sandwich

Cronut

Eggs benedict
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I had the cronut and that was really nice! I really enjoyed it, although it was quite sickly after a while!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn't enjoy the food. However. This is how far ahead of the rope drop crowd we got after eating which kept us ahead of the crowd all day with a good plan and good use of FPP so it served its purpose.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry double posted a pic. I meant to put this one in too.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow thank you! Looking at those pictures I know which one the rest of my family will be choosing! The cronut ! I don't like doughnuts so I doubt I would like it so I think I will go for the gastons breakfast and hope it's hot (heard stories of cold food) the pastries look good, would we just get the one plate between 5 of us?
Thank you x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Wow thank you! Looking at those pictures I know which one the rest of my family will be choosing! The cronut ! I don't like doughnuts so I doubt I would like it so I think I will go for the gastons breakfast and hope it's hot (heard stories of cold food) the pastries look good, would we just get the one plate between 5 of us?
Thank you x
For 5 Imthink you get two plates, they are small, hubby doesn't eat them so I went prepared with a small Tupperware box and took a few with me to eat later
We both had the scrambled egg whites with applewood sausage and fresh fruit , it was nice and good use of a QS .
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thank you x
For 6 people we got 1 plate of pastries. There weren't even enough for us all to have one
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LittleNoo View Post
For 6 people we got 1 plate of pastries. There weren't even enough for us all to have one
we are such a greedy bunch, one tray won't be enough
Old 6 Jun 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

so, is BOG Breakfast 1 x QS credit?
Maybe I missed it before.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List