Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

To me STK is completely unappealing. Far too noisy and the reviews are mixed. However value is very subjective, you may love it and consider it money well spent. Thankfully we are all different ... or ADRs would be even tougher to get
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
I guess this actually makes a Signature Dining very expensive then? If we have to pay OOP for starters, sides, kids meals, tips etc it quickly mounts up.

I've worked out that it's likely to cost an extra $135 to eat here including 2 kids meals, deserts and drinks, tips, 2 x sides.

So the question now becomes... Is it worth it?
Well its only expensive if you buy things not included. When on the DDP we dont tend to order extras, dont need it.

You dont need to buy starters or extra sides or kids meals or additional drinks. That is your choice.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Trust me - you will not need a starter. Those amazing onion rolls are enough and our steaks were too big to finish. You do get mash/chips etc too. We bought creamed spinach but it was too big and too rich.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Also if you don't like the spud that comes with your dish they are more than happy to swap it for another potatoe that is served with another dish.

As above the bread is great and you really wont want a starter.
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Also if you don't like the spud that comes with your dish they are more than happy to swap it for another potatoe that is served with another dish.
Same for any of the sauces too.

Basically pick your steak cut then mix & match sides/sauces.

I also agree that I wouldn't be looking at including starters and extra sides into whether signatures are worth it or not because;

- We don't need them. With bread, mains which tend to be rich & dessert it's plenty of food.

- The quality of food is generally better

- The experience is usually better than a 1 TS meal. To me this is where what others have said about it not all being about value down to the penny comes into play.

Of course there can be exceptions to the last 2 points (everywhere can have a bad day) but as a general rule we found it to be true.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
To me STK is completely unappealing. Far too noisy and the reviews are mixed. However value is very subjective, you may love it and consider it money well spent. Thankfully we are all different ... or ADRs would be even tougher to get
I do love that there is such a huge choice of all types of meals on the dining plan. As you say, what appeals to one person won't always appeal to someone else. Many people think 2 ts credits are not good value anyway compared to 1 ts credit meals. We choose by reading reviews but ultimately go with what appeals most and as it's a free dining plan, it is all good value really.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Well its only expensive if you buy things not included. When on the DDP we dont tend to order extras, dont need it.

You dont need to buy starters or extra sides or kids meals or additional drinks. That is your choice.
We do need to buy kids meals (being that we are taking our children). I get that we can choose not to buy sides and extra drinks etc. but what I'm asking here is 'is it worth it?' Does the OOP cost of approx $150 still represent good value or not?

Thanks
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Why do you need to buy kids meals? You can use their credits too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Why do you need to buy kids meals? You can use their credits too.
The kids are on the Adult DDP which should be fine for most places but we figured they can eat from the kids menu OOP at Yachtsman and we can then save the TS credits for another day. It'll still be 2 x TS credit for each child which makes it better value to pay OOP and get another TS meal elsewhere completely FOC.

That's the theory at any rate. (after taking advice from other Dibbers)
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
That's the theory at any rate. (after taking advice from other Dibbers)
Yes, plenty of people do that.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List