Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

I’ve just been looking at the alcohol offerings at the QS places particularly the water parks and they are rotten. A couple of beers and at the most a red and a white offering (Chardonnay, why are the Americans obsessed with Chardonnay! ). It would be lovely to have the chance at a water park of an alcoholic slush (like a frose) or long cocktail. Pretty poor, if they’re using the alcohol to see the dining plan they really should have some choice.
Old 13 Jan 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I wouldn't drink alcohol at water parks but that's just me. It's easy for accidents to happen where water is concerned. I'm happy to have a cocktail with dinner or in the hotel bar before going to bed but that's it. I only drink alcohol with meals at home though - I never just have a drink.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I’ve just been looking at the alcohol offerings at the QS places particularly the water parks and they are rotten. A couple of beers and at the most a red and a white offering (Chardonnay, why are the Americans obsessed with Chardonnay! ). It would be lovely to have the chance at a water park of an alcoholic slush (like a frose) or long cocktail. Pretty poor, if they’re using the alcohol to see the dining plan they really should have some choice.
If it's any help lottawatta lodge at blizzard beach has a 'pinacolava' and snack shack at typhoon lagoon does a pinacolada and a strawberry daiquiri 😃 I don't drink at all at home but I might have a cocktail with lunch on holiday so I've made a list of which QS do decent cocktails as my husband is also partial to one 😅

Edited at 01:53 PM.
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Have you checked all the menus? I’ve definitely had a (paid for) grey goose slushie at lowtide lou’s at typhoon lagoon

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Have you checked all the menus? I’ve definitely had a (paid for) grey goose slushie at lowtide lou’s at typhoon lagoon
I think the issue is bar vs quick service food counter. The only alcohol for QS credits will be what it served at the same location as QS meals.
Old 15 Jan 18, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Yes I’ve had a grey goose slush from there too
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Lapu Lapu, yay!

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi

We will be in the DxDDP at the end of April and I have just looked up the drinks entitlements for this, it says 1 per meal, we are not going to have 3 meals a day, but will double up 2 credits each day so we can go to a Signature each day. Does this mean that we can have 2 alcoholic drinks with our evening meal and 1 at lunch time if we chose to, ie. 3 per day?

Many thanks

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t believe so, it’s one per meal not per credit I think so you would still just get the one drink with a signature too? Not sure if anyone else can confirm?

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

No it’s 1 per meal. If you eat at a signature and use 2 credits it’s still just 1 drink as it was with non-alcoholic drinks.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List