Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

:) 12 Years since last visit - any tips gratefully received!

Hi I'm new to this website, but how amazing is it?! Just booked for Florida for 19 June this year, my first visit in 12 years! . I am taking my 3 year old and 15 year old. My husband and 3 year old have never been before Obviously it is a long time since I have visited. I just wondered if there is anyone who could give me any tips, recommendations or anything I need to be aware of as it has been such a long time since I have been. I'm starting planning now as I am so excited. Any tips re park tickets would be great. I have the flights, hotel (Rosen Plaza) booked so far. We are not hiring a car so will be relying on taxi's/shuttles from the hotel etc. We are going with TUI from Manchester to Sanford and I am hoping we go on the Dreamliner. Thanks all. My questions have probably all been answered before but I couldn't wait to post on here and share my excitement of our holiday. Eeeeeek
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Welcome to the Dibb You certainly will find all you need to know (and much, much more) on here . Beware though, it is addictive!

I can't really help about transport as we always hire a car.
Regarding tickets - do your research and decide what our family really want to do. With a 3 year old, in my opinion, it isn't really possible (or enjoyable) to do a park every day, so plan for an afternoon at the pool or maybe a water park or mini golf, instead of full-on theme parks every day.

Once you've decided what parks you want to go to, use the busy day guide to try to plan. We always set out with a plan, but usually end up making changes once we are there.

If you are planning to go to Disney parks, get your tickets well in advance so you can book your fastpasses at 30 days out (they can always be cancelled/changed on the day if your plans change). There are good ticket sellers who advertise through the Dibb.

Happy planning
Old 11 Jan 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

You can also use Uber to get to and from the parks if one day the times of the shuttles didn’t work for you cheaper than a taxi and you can track where they are etc

There’s so much to do so have a look what’s on offer and what parks/activities would be best suited for your family.
If you’re doing Disney and want dining reservations I’d book them as soon as you can

Have fun planning!
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

We went last May after a 12 year gap too and still loved it! Went on the Dreamliner from Newcastle- it was fab and Sanford Airport good too. We did hire a car thru Alamo/Brits and would definitely do that again. Got tickets through Attraction Tickets Direct - also fab. Loved the Memory Maker which is included with Disney tickets at the moment. We bought Magic Bands in Magic Kingdom on our first day and the staff just link your tickets to the band for you. Saves loads of time rather than having to get park ticket out all the time. The My Disney Experience app was loads easier to use than I thought it was going to be. Managed to book a couple of breakfasts and all our fast passes! Even pre-ordered our breakfast at Be Our Guest which is supposed to save a bit of time. I'm sure you'll feel like you've never been away and are now "back home"!
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Hi! I visited last April with my husband and eight year old (their first visit; my previous was 2002!). There is so much more information available than for my last visit and it can feel overwhelming. I would say definitely plan out a rough itinerary of where you want to be each day (but don't feel it needs to be stuck to rigidly). We went with the approach of being at parks for rope drop, riding the most popular rides before the crowds arrived, then just saw what took our fancy.

Definitely get the My Disney Experience app; it was so amazing! All FP+ and reservations are easily managed on and we had no problems with WiFi in the parks for booking extra FP+ once our initial three were complete (kudos to Disney World on how well this works). A tip I stumbled across by accident with the FP+ bookings was that if the time slot you ideally want isn't available, book any free slot and then amend it. I found that different times were offered to my original choices!

We bought all our park tickets (WDW/Universal/Discovery Cove/Legoland) from orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk as they came up cheapest, at time of booking. We had no problems receiving them in the mail beforehand or using them whilst there.

Have an amazing time. I have to wait until 2020 for my next trip (short of a lottery win in-between! ).
angel_eyes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List