Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jan 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

I wish Disney would just let us know what is going on. I want to know if I should keep checking, or what. If they all suddenly become available, it will be frustrating to have missed it.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

BOG wins the most overrated WDW restaurant in our experience. Breakfast was fine, the surroundings were far superior to the food but our evening meal was terrible. I actually made a complaint which is genuinely unlike me! We cancelled our lunch reservation for later in the trip as we stood in a queue waiting for our 30 second meeting with the beast. If anybody wants to go enough to use 2 TS credits per person or pay an astronomical price more fool them
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Whereas our dinner was lovely and we had no problems at all, plenty of relaxed interaction with the Beast. It's certainly not a Signature at the moment but was well worth 1 credit.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

If true (and I have no reason to doubt the very good intel above) it seems more evidence of Disney overcharging, driven by dining plan. Very sad.
Old 1 Feb 18, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. We had a great dinner last year but as other have said its no signature restaurant 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My take on it is that CRT aside, let's face it the food reviews say that it's average at best! Is that they don't currently have a "proper" Signature in MK & BOG fit's the bill perfectly especially at the minute when if you aren't quick enough at 180 you have no chance! This indicates to Disney, that basically they can make it a 2xTS & still put bums on seats.
From what I've read/seen lots of previous posters commenting on how much the standard of food has gone down hill. The food obviously has been part of the draw but also was the perceived value, particularly on one of the dining plans- in general the meal cost was $3-$4 more expensive that say Cosmic Rays, so everyone was wanting more bang for their buck.
Signature may not come to pass but I for one won't be surprised if it does
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is really interesting... It was my ADR day today and I wondered why we couldn't book up dinner. I think I'll make another reservation instead and see what happens. We ate at BOG back in 2016 and it was nice enough, the reason we wanted to return is mainly due to a lack of options at MK, so I guess we will look at one of the monorail resorts.

I'm not sure about the 2 credits idea...for me it's not a 2 TS place as it's just too much like a school canteen because the main room is huge and noisy. It's not intimate enough for a 2 TS restaurant. But who knows what will actually happen. Some interesting opinions and ideas here though and fascinating to speculate about what will happen.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

If dinner changed to 2TS then would breakfast and lunch still stay as QS? Is this difference sustainable ?

Edited at 07:20 PM.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
If dinner changed to 2TS then would breakfast and lunch still stay as QS? Is this difference sustainable ?
I think if they do do this, then they will have to have a serious look at their offerings

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well I'm always very wary of people on forums who share inside knowledge and information on their very first post and only post, on a nick they've just registered for the occasion

so I not only take that with a pinch of salt, I'll use the whole salt shaker
Fresh account simply because I found a link to this forum on a news article that showed up in my phones feed. Seems I can't link the article but Google Inquisitr and Be Our Guest Not Accepting Dinner Reservations In July 2018 to find the article. I don't live in the UK so being a member of a forums based in UK wasn't something I would normally do. However with my status of no longer being employed for the company I have no fear of being terminated so I figured why not share what I can find out.

This prompted me to contact a friend whom still works there asking what was going on. Per normal Disney they aren't releasing much information to cast members, other than what he's hearing from the Chefs and the knowledge that they are actively working on a major menu rewrite in the form of Prix fixe. That added to the rumors and fact that servers and management there have been trying to push for a change to prix fixe basically since the first day the restaurant opened.

I was going to post photos that prove I am who I say I am but it won't let me due to my post count being so low. Feel free to PM me presuming I can link them in there and I'd gladly send them to you.

(Edits for clarity)

Edited at 04:11 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List