Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Mar 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Seaworlds food has gotten better in the past few years but not what it used to be.
After the fall out of the death of the trainer the whole park was a bit neglected and the food became pretty much inedible but its improved in recent years.

Up to about 6 or 7 years ago the seafire grill used to do a great hot roast turkey or beef sandwich with aus ju dip on the side.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Mannys - Totally agree! We have been going for as long as I can remember and last year had an awful experience - I won't go in to detail but the manager asked us to return before we went home to England and eat for a free. We didn't take her up on it because we were so annoyed and put off from the experience.
I never get all the raving about Mannys. We went in 2016 for fajita night and enjoyed it so went back last year for fajita night. It was awful!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Well I’m going to stick my opinion in and take cover!

I think all restaurants on and off site have gone down hill over the last 10 years.

It used to be the case that where ever you went you could be assured of a meal and service that excelled anything you would get at home for a comparable or lesser cost.

Now you can be hit or miss in any location from time to time and the costs are high.

We still eat out almost every night in all the main chains and on site, but the value certainly isn’t what it used to be, eating out used to be a pleasure every time, a huge part of the holiday, now we find it ok but nothing special.

I’m not looking for fine dining every time, just a quality meal at a decent price and it’s getting harder to find.

There is one exception for us, Cracker Barrel still offers what I believe to be the best value for money out of any chain restaurant, not fine food by any means but great value.
I agree with every word of this. I used to stay onsite all the time and eat every meal onsite, too. I wouldn't eat onsite/resort now for all the tea in China! Totally gone down the pan. Extortionate money for mediocre food and service, I'm afraid.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

We used to love millers we noticed it was not as good a year or two ago , so we gave it a miss , staying at champions gate at the moment so we thought we would try the one here ,this will be our last visit to millers not good at all below par food and expensive for what we had
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Shame about Bahama Breeze. That was great 2015 on ID when I last went. Maybe I'll go to the proper thing instead- Tommy Bahamas.
In WDW I've also seen poor value, penny pinching, jacking prices, lowering quality. Totally agree with Tom, DDP to blame.
Last Signature I went to was back in August 2016 (only go every 2 years) Narcoosees and that was vastly overpriced for quality and service on offer.
The chains outside vary massively in quality. Applebee's I've given a wide berth to for 8 years. Then in Hershey last year we went in one near the hotel and it was outstanding. Quite bizarre how good and cheap it was.
I've been a fan of the Longhorn outside Super Target on 192 for years, but I've been in them in many states recently and frankly some have been middling at best.
Many Chili's went downhill when to cut cost they sacked cooks and installed an infra red conveyor belt cooking system in many. After one too many poor meals in the new one in Naples I give them a swerve now.
Whilst again in depends on branch, I find Bonefish and Carrabbas good. Again in Pennsylvania last year I went to a Macaroni Grill and that was really good for the money.
Old 11 Mar 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

On our trip last year we became increasingly frustrated at how mediocre and expensive most of the places we ate at were. It does seem that the usual tourist traps are resting on their laurels, confident that it doesn't matter how bad they are there is almost a daily turnover of visitors to the area that will be willing to give them a go.
We use Trip Advisor a lot when out and about and, as a result, will be looking a little further afield than iDrive and the 192 when choosing our restaurants next time. If the locals give it a good rating then it says a lot for a place in my opinion.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Applebee's for us. After having been a staple for us for many years when the kids were younger, we've found that over the past 4-5 yrs they've gone downhill and we now don't eat there at all. Poor service, poorly cooked food and much smaller portions- only place we've come out of still hungry.

On the positive, we've eaten at many Carrabas around Florida and always enjoyed the meals there.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wotever
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
We found this on our last trip, our server didn't come to our table for 20/30 minutes, the other staff said we had to wait for our server, she then came back and said oops sorry I was taking to my friends
We were sat in applebees yesterday for almost 10mins without the server coming to the table. We got up and walked out and ate elsewhere.
Old 15 Mar 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by wotever View Post
We were sat in applebees yesterday for almost 10mins without the server coming to the table. We got up and walked out and ate elsewhere.
Yeah, I’ve got a theory on that as we’ve experienced really poor service like this in places like Crackerbarrel, Ihop and Mannys Chophouse.

I’ve noticed over time that folk from the UK very rarely leave a tip.
This leads me to think that servers go, oh darn a table of Brits Ill be lucky if they leave a dollar and as such preempt the lack of gratitude by providing really poor service.
Just my theory.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Easy. Top 3 are Citricos, Jiko's and Artist Point. The worst Signatures are Paddlefish and Flying Fish.

Hidden gems for 1 credit are the Wave, Olivia's, Turf Club and Grand Floridian Cafe. Don't touch the Maya Grill and Kona Cafe.
Thanks Tom, I had missed your reply earlier. We have Artist's Point and Grand Floridian cafe on our shortlist. I hadn't looked at the Wave before but just noticed it in a food report and it does look good.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List