Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
Update:-It's now unofficially tomorrow!
Awwww no! Booo!

I thought I heard on Monday they said they'd tell us on Wednesday - Honestly, I've been counting down the hours!
Wish they'd get a shift on! Nothing like drumming up the anticipation, eh!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am still scheduled to go in September and in all honesty this is the only thing getting me through this lockdown!

This trip has been filled with so many ups and downs! We booked originally to stay at CBR, then found a really good upgrade price to AKL, then lost the dining plan, then AKL wasn't feasible due to loss of dining plan, moved to our favourite resort POR, then got a 35% discount on room price and then found out POR wasn't going to be opening!

I am still holding out hope currently, a few months ago I would've said '100% our trip will still go ahead' but the closer we're getting the less hopeful I am. We have provisionally booked Orlando again in July 2021 and have plans to go to Anaheim in February 2021, so we have back up plans but I really do hope this year goes ahead.

I think we've got a 20% chance of going but I also know that things with this virus can change so rapidly so until we get a straight answer from the US about what they want to do about getting up and running again then I am going to continue planning and getting excited.

76 days and counting 💪🏼

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 02:09 PM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

74 days for me!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I am still scheduled to go in September and in all honesty this is the only thing getting me through this lockdown!

This trip has been filled with so many ups and downs! We booked originally to stay at CBR, then found a really good upgrade price to AKL, then lost the dining plan, then AKL wasn't feasible due to loss of dining plan, moved to our favourite resort POR, then got a 35% discount on room price and then found out POR wasn't going to be opening!

I am still holding out hope currently, a few months ago I would've said '100% our trip will still go ahead' but the closer we're getting the less hopeful I am. We have provisionally booked Orlando again in July 2021 and have plans to go to Anaheim in February 2021, so we have back up plans but I really do hope this year goes ahead.

I think we've got a 20% chance of going but I also know that things with this virus can change so rapidly so until we get a straight answer from the US about what they want to do about getting up and running again then I am going to continue planning and getting excited.

76 days and counting 💪🏼
I have a 20% hope that it will go ahead, and equal 20% hope that Virgin will cancel the flight or allow us to reschedule, and DVC will not expire my points. Happy with either at this point! 😂😭

Back up trip also booked for 2021 and a plan to change this year to DLP if we get a flight refund.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Flight cancelled again by BA -looks like I'm out as expected but was lovely to be a part of this thread!-will hold out hope for nov/dec and if not next year it is!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yep, gutted. Thought we’d be able to hold out hope for just a little longer!
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Flights just cancelled for us, good luck to all of you still hoping to go
I will probably read your trip reports with envy
To those of us not going, looking forward to planning with you next year (fingers crossed)
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
This thread seems to be turning more into a "Whose flights are cancelled?" thread rather than a positivity thread.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Flight cancelled for us 5th of Aug LGW- MCO returning 19th of August MCO- LGW. Part sad, part relieved X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Flight cancelled today with BA on the 28th, will rearrange rather than a refund.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List