Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

How on earth do you chose?

Hi all. Looking to go in 2023 with our 2 girls who will be 6 and 9.
How on earth do you chose a hotel... we are looking to stay onsite and have some sort of meal plan. We won't be able to afford the luxury hotels but will be able to get a deluxe if its more cost effective to do so with the dining packages offered... I just don't know where to start even Looking! Any advice please? Xx
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I think I just read lots of trip reports and chose the one I most liked the look of or got the best reviews. For both trips we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside with the quick service dining plan and I would 100% recommend it. It's a beautiful resort and we had the benefit of the extra drop-down bed both times (only certain rooms have these and I think you pay a bit extra for them now). We also loved the small pools as they were almost always quieter than the main pool.

If you haven't been before then I would recommend the quick service plan as you don't have to worry about booking restaurants and fitting them into your plans.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

If you are looking to stay at WDW they have value, moderate and deluxe categories for their hotels.

When booking any offers may steer you in a particular direction, or it may just come down to price. Have you stayed before or do you have any initial thoughts or choices ?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Thank you. What is the quick service?
X
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
If you are looking to stay at WDW they have value, moderate and deluxe categories for their hotels.

When booking any offers may steer you in a particular direction, or it may just come down to price. Have you stayed before or do you have any initial thoughts or choices ?
Hi. We have been to WDW many times but before we have had kids so we have always stayed offside, we think that staying onsite will be the best option with children? I've looked at the hotels but to be honest I am a bit overwhelmed with them all and confused. Xx
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We have only stayed onsite once, for one night, and chose one on the monorail line to get quickest entry into mk
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t make any plans for WDW based on free dining. We have no idea if it’ll ever come back. I think you need to choose based on budget including the cost of food and if we’re lucky and free dining comes back then that’ll be a bonus.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

It might be worth having a plan A, of a hotel if they have free dining on offer, and plan B, a cheaper hotel without free dining on offer. Just be wary though - not all hotels are in the free dining offer every year, when looking previously Art of animation was excluded. We love watching YouTube videos of the hotels, which helped us decide
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I would start with the moderates if budget allows. We have stayed at POFQ which is the smallest of the mods, it has a lovely food court, boat transportation to Disney Springs and you can always walk across to the Riverside. Riverside is a larger resort split into The Bayou and Mansions, for different room styles - we prefer POFQ.

We have also really enjoyed CSR, but haven’t stayed since the tower was added. My daughter loved the pool area there and this is why we returned. Do you prefer any of the theming, or want access to the skyliner, this might narrow it down.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerbell5 View Post
Thank you. What is the quick service?
X
Generally they tend to be the restaurants where you go up to the counter. This is the official Disney explanation. disneyworld/faq/re...ce-restaurant/

Be Our Guest which is in the Beast’s castle is quick service for breakfast but we ordered before being taken to a table and they served the meal to us but we went and got our own drinks.

Edited at 11:31 PM.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List