Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Shortfall of 1 BLT Point, anyone any ideas for buying 1 point from somewhere?

Hi all,

I am needing 1 point for my christmas BLT reservation as we cannot borrow more than 50% from next years points. I was going to just buy a one time point from disney but apparently you can only buy them at 7 months.

Anyone any ideas or willing to sell me 1 point from current year points.

Thanks
Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d transfer you one for free but unfortunately I did a transfer for a rental and you can only do one a year.
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I don't own at BLT so can't help you, fingers crossed you find an owner happy to gift or sell you 1 point.

May be worth trying on the DVC rental FB page, I'm sure someone on there would sell you one.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’d transfer you one for free but unfortunately I did a transfer for a rental and you can only do one a year.
Ahh thank you, that's so nice.

I have just read about the one time transfer rule too

I don't understand why you can't buy one time use points for your home resort at 11 months, that's not really fair. And my last day is NYE so can't even risk not booking and adding it on at 7 mths with the one time use point.

Fingers crossed I can find one from somewhere.

Thanks
Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would have been more than happy to give you a point as I actually own at BLT but unfortunately I already transferred points on my ALK contract this year so can't help as it's one transfer per master contract. As PoohBears said, if you get no luck here try the DVC facebook page

Edited at 02:48 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I would have been more than happy to give you a point as I actually own at BLT but unfortunately I already transferred points on my ALK contract this year so can't help as it's one transfer per master contract. As PoohBears said, if you get no luck here try the DVC facebook page

ahh, thank you so much - that would of been so kind of you, feeling the dibb love!
Old 17 Jan 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Ok had an idea - also now need 2 points as I had 1 point from 2019 that they won’t let me bank either! I have just called them to see if they would sprinkle any magic but there wasn’t any today!

Anyhow my idea is could I book a reservation for within 7 months now buy two one time use points and then cancel the reservation?

Would that work or would they take back the points and refund them

Thanks stacey
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Could you stay elsewhere first night so you can still book nye at blt? Might be easier to flex at the start thsn the end?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stace View Post
Ok had an idea - also now need 2 points as I had 1 point from 2019 that they won’t let me bank either! I have just called them to see if they would sprinkle any magic but there wasn’t any today!

Anyhow my idea is could I book a reservation for within 7 months now buy two one time use points and then cancel the reservation?

Would that work or would they take back the points and refund them

Thanks stacey
I would imagine that's not an option otherwise everyone who needed one time use points would do it.
I agree with CJA, can you leave the first night off and book somewhere else at 7 months. If you want to be there for Christmas and new year you're better off getting those nights secured, you'll find somewhere for your first night or two even if you end up paying cash or staying off site.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I would imagine that's not an option otherwise everyone who needed one time use points would do it.
I agree with CJA, can you leave the first night off and book somewhere else at 7 months. If you want to be there for Christmas and new year you're better off getting those nights secured, you'll find somewhere for your first night or two even if you end up paying cash or staying off site.
My incoming day is 24th December and wanted really to be at BLT on 24th also

For one time use points it says this on the dvc member site

"In the event that your trip does not unfold as planned and your reservation must be cancelled, be aware that one-time-use Vacation Points expire at the end of your Use Year."