Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jan 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Coronado spring resort

Tell me your opinion, good and bad. Is the Tower, best to stay In., is the pool near the Tower, how spread out is the resort. Is the quick service good. Thanks for any help.
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It is a very spread out resort however the bridges they’ve built help with that. The tower is near the food and shopping but quiet a distance from the main pool across one of the bridges. Each area has a smaller pool however the tower doesn’t. It really is a lovely resort though and the rooms are nicer than the other moderates. The food court is fine. I tend to find they’re all pretty similar.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We absolutely loved CSR when we went in 2019. It was the first time we'd stayed there. I've stayed in CBR, POR and it was out and out my favourite.

QS - it has a decent food court, with fantastic hot deli sandwiches and standard WDW fare (burgers, pizzas, salads and a couple of Mexican dishes as well). There's also a small grab and go area (where we spent the most time) where you can get muffins and fruit and fill your reusable mugs etc Snack credit type of place.

The tower is gorgeous. This is where you check in now and in its looks, it's definitely brought CSR up a notch. It looks like a deluxe resort, truly It's really classy and the Barcelona bar and lounge (on the ground floor below the lobby) is a beautiful place to chill on an evening.

There's also a stunning roof top bar with panoramic views of Epcot, and DHS. We spent a couple of nights here in 2019 and it was incredible. Just opposite, at the top of the tower, there is Toledo Tapas restaurant. We didn't eat here, as it had only just opened when we went, so was obviously booked solid, but it looked beautiful. We hope to eat here when we return in 2022.

In the main dining area, El Centro, there's also a Sports Bar and a lakeside bar, the Laguna Bar, where me and my husband enjoyed a drink while we were waiting for our room. It was such a peaceful resort.

There isn't much Disney theming. But there is some beautiful Disney artwork in the Tower

It is a big resort, but there are massive bridges and walkways over the lake now (taking you past another restaurant and bar - Three Bridges - we only had a drink here, but again - gorgeous!). These walkways significantly reduce the walk time between areas of the hotel. We were in Casitas and it was 5 minutes walk to the main area where the dining was and 5 minutes straight over the lake to the main pool area. The main pool area is probably 5-10 minutes walk from the tower.

Truthfully, however, we only went to the main pool area twice, we much preferred the quiet pool in the Casitas area!

The bus service was fine - only waited a long while in bad weather, which is always the case.

The rooms were beautiful. All renovated, hard wood floors, new beds and bedding and bathroom suites. I wouldn't pay extra for the tower. Yes it is closer to everything, but it is a hell of a premium for a tower room and it wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion.

Overall, I would whole heartedly recommend it. We can't wait to go back!

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me. I love the place! Or read my trip report from 2019 (link is in my signature).

Edited at 05:40 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

It meets all the criteria for a luxury resort accept for the single transportation issue (Bus)

Stunning

Disney332
Old 17 Jan 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
My last trip I stayed at Boardwalk first and then moved to CSR, hands down that even with the location of Boardwalk we loved CSR so much more. IN my opinion CSR felt fresher and more deluxe than Boardwalk.
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve booked to stay in the Tower if we are able to get there this summer. It looks amazing for the money. We will have a car so not too fussed about the transport situation.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed there twice and would book again without hesitation. Stayed at Boardwalk also and whilst I would say that’s it’s a standard above the CSR, I personally prefer CSR. Great rooms, excellent choice of dining (better overall choice than Boardwalk in my opinion), gym, great pool area. Buses can be a bit of a nuisance but not enough of a problem to stop us going again.
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a deluxe for the price of a moderate. Views from the top of the Gran Destino Tower are great. We have eaten at Toledo on a couple of occasions and it was superb.
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
We absolutely loved CSR when we went in 2019. It was the first time we'd stayed there. I've stayed in CBR, POR and it was out and out my favourite.

QS - it has a decent food court, with fantastic hot deli sandwiches and standard WDW fare (burgers, pizzas, salads and a couple of Mexican dishes as well). There's also a small grab and go area (where we spent the most time) where you can get muffins and fruit and fill your reusable mugs etc Snack credit type of place.

The tower is gorgeous. This is where you check in now and in its looks, it's definitely brought CSR up a notch. It looks like a deluxe resort, truly It's really classy and the Barcelona bar and lounge (on the ground floor below the lobby) is a beautiful place to chill on an evening.

There's also a stunning roof top bar with panoramic views of Epcot, and DHS. We spent a couple of nights here in 2019 and it was incredible. Just opposite, at the top of the tower, there is Toledo Tapas restaurant. We didn't eat here, as it had only just opened when we went, so was obviously booked solid, but it looked beautiful. We hope to eat here when we return in 2022.

In the main dining area, El Centro, there's also a Sports Bar and a lakeside bar, the Laguna Bar, where me and my husband enjoyed a drink while we were waiting for our room. It was such a peaceful resort.

There isn't much Disney theming. But there is some beautiful Disney artwork in the Tower

It is a big resort, but there are massive bridges and walkways over the lake now (taking you past another restaurant and bar - Three Bridges - we only had a drink here, but again - gorgeous!). These walkways significantly reduce the walk time between areas of the hotel. We were in Casitas and it was 5 minutes walk to the main area where the dining was and 5 minutes straight over the lake to the main pool area. The main pool area is probably 5-10 minutes walk from the tower.

Truthfully, however, we only went to the main pool area twice, we much preferred the quiet pool in the Casitas area!

The bus service was fine - only waited a long while in bad weather, which is always the case.

The rooms were beautiful. All renovated, hard wood floors, new beds and bedding and bathroom suites. I wouldn't pay extra for the tower. Yes it is closer to everything, but it is a hell of a premium for a tower room and it wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion.

Overall, I would whole heartedly recommend it. We can't wait to go back!

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me. I love the place! Or read my trip report from 2019 (link is in my signature).
Totally agree with this! 3 bridges restaraunt was our hands down best meal of our 2019 trip!

Also have trippie on here somewhere!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I’ll be following along on this thread. We’ve got preferred rooms booked fir this summer 🤞🏼 Thinking of swapping to the standard tower rooms which are a bit cheaper than what we’ve got booked? 🤔

Really looking forward to staying here. Let’s hope we can!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List