Old 17 Jan 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Glad you’ve finally got something sorted and fingers crossed everything can go ahead
Thanks! I’m trying really hard to be positive .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I continue to be ever hopeful that we’ll get to go this year and in view of that have been checking the Disney site and also looking for a good price on the Dolphin. Tonight I discovered that there are Gran Destiny Tower room available for around £300 more than the standard so I’ve gone ahead and upgraded. I can still get the Dolphin for a similar price but factoring in the resort fee I’m just not sure yet so I’ve not done anything. BA have a really good price but it’s not free cancellation/amendment and you have to pay it all at once.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Just swapped our rooms over from preferred to the tower after reading your update reminded me. 👍🏼

I think that’s the right decision due to the heat of when (if) we go and the walking associated with CSR. Plus it’s cheaper!

The tower gets great reviews.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Just swapped our rooms over from preferred to the tower after reading your update reminded me. 👍🏼

I think that’s the right decision due to the heat of when (if) we go and the walking associated with CSR. Plus it’s cheaper!

The tower gets great reviews.

Kat
Yes and I would say the tower is in a much better location than preferred!

Glad I was able to help .

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mum wants a balcony

So we’ve had a few chats about the hotel since we switched to the tower and Mum said it’s really nice but she wants a balcony. Marie and I don’t really care about a balcony but it’s a big deal for Mum and something she’s happy to pay extra for. We’ve went through all the options and the cheapest would be a one bed villa at OKW. Unfortunately this means Marie and I sleeping in the living area and us all sharing a bathroom . The next cheapest would be back to the Dolphin again. That way Mum and Dad could book a balcony room and we could go with a different option. Virgin have a good rate on a lake view with parking included but it doesn’t seem to be free cancellation which worries me. We can get Mum & Dad a senior discount with Marriott direct so may just book that and consider what Marie and I will do.

This is so hard when everything is so uncertain!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Mar 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So it looks like the VH rate may also include the resort fee which makes it an even better deal. I was lying awake in the middle of the night stressing about it because if we book with VH we’re locked in to the Dolphin. We’d also have to then buy additional insurance because ours doesn’t cover for quarantine or having to isolate for any element booked after January.

This is so hard because it’s such a good deal!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Ok the VH rate does include resort fees. So that makes all the difference. I’ve priced it up on the Marriott website using the only deal I could see which gives us 25% off a second room and even with that offer we’d save over £600 per room going with the VH deal. It’s also around the same as we’re paying for the tower standard room but if you take parking into account it’s less. We’ll lose our gift cards which is not ideal but I’m leaving the Disney cancellation as late as possible so we can potentially move it to next year if any offers come out. That may allow us to keep any gift cards. Even if we do lose them the parking costs, saving on the room and benefits of the location of the Dolphin kind of make it a no brainier. It means no option for any dining plans which we can live with and no DME so we may have to rent a car but that’s my preference anyway.

Let’s just keep fingers and toes crossed that this all happens!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Mar 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Dad is currently doing Mum & Dads ESTAs. Can’t relax until that’s done!

Trip Report Index
Old 9 Mar 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope your plans come off I’m more positive for September but not with having to quarantine
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
Hope your plans come off I’m more positive for September but not with having to quarantine
Thanks!

Yes quarantine would kill it off for us. I’m ever hopeful the US will do a Cyprus .

Trip Report Index