Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
He sounds like a difficult man. Op, be careful what you post in case of a dispute and also if you have any intention of selling your property in the foreseeable future
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I get that but Scottishmum said its only occasionally that her little dog goes out with her if she is putting things in the bin so in my eyes its a bit of a stretch that he has deliberately set down one grape in the middle of a parking space (that may be covered by a car when anyone goes out) to deliberately harm the pup. I may be wrong but out of everything that one is a reach. The pup has lived there for 9 years so why do something now? Perhaps he is just very odd entirely but to be fair I would be inclined to ask him about the trap and glass.
Other things the man has done has done.
Rattling the fence shouting my dogs name to show off to his son in law when they sat social distant out the back garden.
Broken glass,
My dog is greedy, he does that, grapes are toxic to dogs, one grape “could” kill a dog.

The man doesn’t like my dog I know that, I also know that when he was a pup he touched him behind his ears as if to stroke him and the dog squealed. He done something that day but I let it go.

We gave this couple our rattan sofa in the summer to sit out in said car park albeit way back as they sat out in fold up chairs when we got a larger one, they seemed really happy but used it twice then sat out on the old chairs from then on.. We have been nice, kind to them and have no issues .
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
The way I see it, and I think Scottishmum is the same, is that he knows she takes her dog out there with her and that grapes are very toxic to dogs. He may have put the grape there knowing that it could cause the dog harm.
You saw it exactly right thank you.
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I totally agree with this.
I would definitely speak to his wife and say that you have noticed some strange and dangerous things appearing on the parking space, broken glass, grape, rat trap. Say you are very concerned as you have a dog and also concerned about the wild life so you are going to report it to the council environmental health department and also considering putting up a camera. I would even ask if she had noticed anything and gage her reaction.
You mentioned there are 4 car spaces, I would also peak to the people who own the other spaces too just in case its not him.
I will speak to them, the other two I “know” they wouldn’t have put anything next to our space but yes I will to be sure.

One girl is never out there hasn’t used the space and the other family I very much doubt it , they have two little dogs too and it’s too far from their gates actually.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Other things the man has done has done.
Rattling the fence shouting my dogs name to show off to his son in law when they sat social distant out the back garden.
Broken glass,
My dog is greedy, he does that, grapes are toxic to dogs, one grape “could” kill a dog.

The man doesn’t like my dog I know that, I also know that when he was a pup he touched him behind his ears as if to stroke him and the dog squealed. He done something that day but I let it go.

We gave this couple our rattan sofa in the summer to sit out in said car park albeit way back as they sat out in fold up chairs when we got a larger one, they seemed really happy but used it twice then sat out on the old chairs from then on.. We have been nice, kind to them and have no issues .
I know that grapes are toxic to dogs as I have one myself I was just making the point it seems very odd to do that and there is a massive difference between not liking your dog and deliberately doing the wee thing harm. He has had nine years since the wee one was a pup.

I am not sure what you can do other than have a word. It would be difficult to prove he did any of it intentionally but if your bedroom overlooks I would mention you have a camera because you are finding odd things happenings such as the trap and the glass etc. See if it happens again. I wouldn’t make a massive issue just let him know that you know (if you know what I mean!)

Nowt as weird as folk to be sure.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I might be missing something but how do you know that he put broken glass down? Also how do you know it was his trap for definite, I am also wondering if the grape could have rolled out a bag that someone was lifting from a car to bring shopping in. I get that you are annoyed at all of these but together it just doesnt add up to me, why would he put a trap down and not set it, why would he put one grape down and not two or three if harm was his intent. Am just a wee bit confused to be honest but I might have picked it up wrong.
I know he put broken glass down because I seen it in his tended to soil of 6ft by 5 inches that he put a couple of tiny plants in behind his car park space.

As for the trap, why would he put it down indeed and why would he disguise it under gravel behind our space, ie gravel we put down,

This is all sounding silly now.
I “think”. He’s a dangerous man that’s why I “think” he’s put these things down, I don’t trust him...
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I know that grapes are toxic to dogs as I have one myself I was just making the point it seems very odd to do that and there is a massive difference between not liking your dog and deliberately doing the wee thing harm. He has had nine years since the wee one was a pup.

I am not sure what you can do other than have a word. It would be difficult to prove he did any of it intentionally but if your bedroom overlooks I would mention you have a camera because you are finding odd things happenings such as the trap and the glass etc. See if it happens again. I wouldn’t make a massive issue just let him know that you know (if you know what I mean!)

Nowt as weird as folk to be sure.
Well yes he has had a long time to do such things but before he wasn’t shut in his house like the rest of us.

I do think he’s under a lot of strain, but we all are.
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I know he put broken glass down because I seen it in his tended to soil of 6ft by 5 inches that he put a couple of tiny plants in behind his car park space.

As for the trap, why would he put it down indeed and why would he disguise it under gravel behind our space, ie gravel we put down,

This is all sounding silly now.
I “think”. He’s a dangerous man that’s why I “think” he’s put these things down, I don’t trust him...
I totally get where you are coming from. You can get a feeling for someone even when it sounds like they haven't done much. I wouldn't trust him either where my dogs were concerned.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Well yes he has had a long time to do such things but before he wasn’t shut in his house like the rest of us.

I do think he’s under a lot of strain, but we all are.
He may well be but that doesn’t excuse his very very odd behaviour. Just let him know you know somehow without placing yourself at harm. It’s the only option other than letting it go it seems.

Maybe his wife has noticed too? Strike up a conversation with her and say you noticed these things and ask if she has too, she might be happy to talk or she may be happy to tell him to stop it as people are noticing!

He seems very odd.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I totally get where you are coming from. You can get a feeling for someone even when it sounds like they haven't done much. I wouldn't trust him either where my dogs were concerned.
Exactly and I don’t trust him.