Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
With the removal of EMH and Magical Express, I doubt DDP will be back anytime soon.
I think free DDP might not be but I actually think this shows its more likely to come back soon. They are getting rid of the free perks and DDP at a cost makes them money which they obviously feel they need to do if they are removing "free" benefits.

I do however feel it will be awhile before "free" dining reappears
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

posted on another thread too
disneytouristblog/di...-dining-dates/
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

I think the DDP will be back. I don't think it will be free though, not to begin with anyway.
We're a family of 6 so it was a great incentive for us.
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We are thinking of going in 2022 or 2023 but if there isn't a free dinning plan that would be a deal breaker.

Edited at 08:38 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

We're currently hoping for March 2022 having had March 2020 cancelled on short notice for obvious reasons. We're probably looking at booking flights this May/June, by which time I'd be very surprised if a free dining offer was in place. Is there any technique to booking where we could upgrade/change to a free dining offer if it came out after an initial booking?
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PortoBoy View Post
We're currently hoping for March 2022 having had March 2020 cancelled on short notice for obvious reasons. We're probably looking at booking flights this May/June, by which time I'd be very surprised if a free dining offer was in place. Is there any technique to booking where we could upgrade/change to a free dining offer if it came out after an initial booking?
Those of us who had moved to this year prior to the free nights offer we’re able to move to it without losing our deposit however there was no real advantage to having already booked as you still had to choose one of the hotels included in the offer. Under normal circumstances you take a chance booking before free dining is released but now who knows? It’s not really predictable.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PortoBoy View Post
Disney are pretty good about letting you change bookings, even to take advantage of a new offer, as long as there is still availability. If your new booking ends up cheaper you pay a £50 admin fee.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Just my view but it’s traditionally offered last week in April. That’s not far off. I still think there’s way to much uncertainty for them to be doing offers of free dining for 2022. I hope I’m wrong as we are hoping for it. It’s the Disney UK side of operations that do it and I just can’t see how they can think of offering incentives when no one knows when people can actually go.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
We are thinking of going in 2022 or 2023 but if there isn't a free dinning plan that would be a deal breaker.
Same. X
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Just my view but it’s traditionally offered last week in April. That’s not far off. I still think there’s way to much uncertainty for them to be doing offers of free dining for 2022. I hope I’m wrong as we are hoping for it. It’s the Disney UK side of operations that do it and I just can’t see how they can think of offering incentives when no one knows when people can actually go.
Sadly, I think you’re right. Far too much uncertainty.
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List