Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Good luck, hubby is ex HMS Sheffield , times have changed since he left, but sending lots of luck

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Good luck, hubby is ex HMS Sheffield , times have changed since he left, but sending lots of luck

Jules
Thank you Jules x

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Best of luck to your son
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have a look at this hope it helps all the best

royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...for-interviews
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Best of luck to your son
Thank you

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Have a look at this hope it helps all the best

royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...for-interviews
Thank you for that

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember your posts about him last year . Fantastic that he’s got an interview- wishing him every success 😊👍💪
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I remember your posts about him last year . Fantastic that he’s got an interview- wishing him every success 😊👍💪
Thank you Well remembered! He's been set on this for the last 2 years at least, he's wavering a little at the moment and considering University instead (he's got 3 offers, applied as a back up) I'm worried that it's last minute nerves now it's becoming real, and of course everyone he knows is off to uni, he doesn't know anyone who's been in any part of the military.

I'm hoping the application process will help him decide what's right for him.

Old 20 Jan 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Military Is the best career ever in my opinion. If I could I would do it again but differently if that makes sense hahaha. Some advice for online interviews if you need it. Good luck to your son.

1. Make sure he knows how to use the technology, practice using it. Edit: when I say practice I mean set up a mock interview between your device and his to iron out any technical issues such as the height of his device. No one wants to see up his hooter.
2. Tell him to look them in the eye when talking, difficult I know when online. But a forward facing, head up, shoulders back stance will show him off.
3. Make sure there is a quiet spot for him to have the interview. No hoovering or siblings being daft.
4. Get him to write down the questions he thinks they may ask as well as the answers and start practising speaking those answers. It’s amazing how different an answer is when said aloud. Getting used to doing it now will increase confidence.
5. Online or not, look as smart as a carrot. Crisp ironed shirt, nice tie, jacket too if your feeling it. No being smart up top and not having smart trousers. So a whole nice outfit. You never know they may want to see him standing.

Edited at 06:45 PM.
levtweeney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
My late husband spent 25 years in the navy, I have no advice to offer but good luck to your son whatever he decides
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
The Military Is the best career ever in my opinion. If I could I would do it again but differently if that makes sense hahaha. Some advice for online interviews if you need it. Good luck to your son.

1. Make sure he knows how to use the technology, practice using it. Edit: when I say practice I mean set up a mock interview between your device and his to iron out any technical issues such as the height of his device. No one wants to see up his hooter.
2. Tell him to look them in the eye when talking, difficult I know when online. But a forward facing, head up, shoulders back stance will show him off.
3. Make sure there is a quiet spot for him to have the interview. No hoovering or siblings being daft.
4. Get him to write down the questions he thinks they may ask as well as the answers and start practising speaking those answers. It’s amazing how different an answer is when said aloud. Getting used to doing it now will increase confidence.
5. Online or not, look as smart as a carrot. Crisp ironed shirt, nice tie, jacket too if your feeling it. No being smart up top and not having smart trousers. So a whole nice outfit. You never know they may want to see him standing.
Fantastic advice Thank you so much

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
My late husband spent 25 years in the navy, I have no advice to offer but good luck to your son whatever he decides
Thank you 😊