Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry in advance for the ‘woe is me’ post 😓
My initial plan was to go off clothes size, give x amount of money to charity with every dress size I drop and stay off the scales because it’s deflating when I don’t loose weight. I had however guessed my weight, going off my heaviest weight in the past for my fitness pal.
I caved in and weighed myself 😩 I am half a stone heavier than I ever imagined! I also logged onto the NHS BMI thing and it’s official I AM OVERWEIGHT
Half a stone may not seem a lot to many people but I loose weight very slowly, averaging 0.5 - 1lb a week in a 1200 calorie per day diet. Thanks menopause and underactive thyroid 👍🏻
So in top of what I thought I needed to loose, I now need to loose an extra half a stone. I am really gutted. 😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caro View Post
Hello all

Hope you all had a good week

Another 3.4lbs off this week, making total loss 16lbs
Sticking to my 10000 steps a day and starting slow running
Amazing! Well done you!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My initial plan was to go off clothes size, give x amount of money to charity with every dress size I drop and stay off the scales because it’s deflating when I don’t loose weight. I had however guessed my weight, going off my heaviest weight in the past for my fitness pal.
I caved in and weighed myself 😩 I am half a stone heavier than I ever imagined! I also logged onto the NHS BMI thing and it’s official I AM OVERWEIGHT
Half a stone may not seem a lot to many people but I loose weight very slowly, averaging 0.5 - 1lb a week in a 1200 calorie per day diet. Thanks menopause and underactive thyroid 👍🏻
So in top of what I thought I needed to loose, I now need to loose an extra half a stone. I am really gutted. 😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓
Try not to be down hearted. We're all different. I've got loads to lose. I hadn't weighed myself for months, what an eye opener! But at least we're now making an effort. We're not saying "I'll start on Monday", we're doing it. Every half a pound think of as pack of butter, that's a lot of weight. We can do this, some people lose quicker than others, some walk more than others, we're all different, but we're all going to lose some weight, and give some money to charity, by March 31st, and that's all that matters 😊
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Don’t be sorry - you’re perfectly allowed to feel like that!

0.5 - 1lb a week is still good, even though I know it’s hard b cause you see people losing more each week. But honestly the average is 1-2lbs a week, so you’re not far off that at all. Half a stone seems like a lot because of the reasons you’ve mentioned, but don’t give up. I’m classed as Obese, I’ve spoken to my Gp loads, she’s said that BMI thing is rubbish, and it is. It just adds together two stats that’s it.

Dont get me wrong, I know I’m overweight and I do need to lose weight, but I look at pictures of me from years ago, and in that photo I’m still overweight. But there’s no way I am going skinnier than that.

That’s also why some of us lose faster, it’s easier to shift when you have a lot more to lose. When you get closer to that goal the loss slows down.

Have you thought about something else other than 1200 a day? I couldn’t do that, maybe something else would help you?

Don’t give up, you’ve got this xx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Only 1/2 lb lost this week

5.5 lbs lost in total

Day 22 in the dry house

Still hitting >10k steps daily
Dry here too! Took a lot of strength last night I can tell you!
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Fantastic! You are an inspiration 💪🏻
How long did the bike ride take?
Thank you ❤️
Today I took 2 hours 45 mins
I usually ride at 14-15mph but as it’s dark cold & slippy I was extra careful & slower
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Not long to February !

Walking has been difficult this week - but I always feel better afterwards
Going to try and make it to Valentine’s Day weekend - we’ll get a take away on the Saturday night, but I don’t want to waste points!
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Nice dog walk this morning and then a walk back from the supermarket in the rain tonight!

5 days of hitting 10k in a row has taken its toll and I am hurting now. Let’s see what tomorrow brings! 2 more days until weigh in day .

Me:

OH:
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Try not to be down hearted. We're all different. I've got loads to lose. I hadn't weighed myself for months, what an eye opener! But at least we're now making an effort. We're not saying "I'll start on Monday", we're doing it. Every half a pound think of as pack of butter, that's a lot of weight. We can do this, some people lose quicker than others, some walk more than others, we're all different, but we're all going to lose some weight, and give some money to charity, by March 31st, and that's all that matters 😊
I didn’t think of it that way, we are being productive in a positive way 🥰
Onwards and upwards! Or I should say, onwards and downwards on the scales 🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Don’t be sorry - you’re perfectly allowed to feel like that!

0.5 - 1lb a week is still good, even though I know it’s hard b cause you see people losing more each week. But honestly the average is 1-2lbs a week, so you’re not far off that at all. Half a stone seems like a lot because of the reasons you’ve mentioned, but don’t give up. I’m classed as Obese, I’ve spoken to my Gp loads, she’s said that BMI thing is rubbish, and it is. It just adds together two stats that’s it.

Dont get me wrong, I know I’m overweight and I do need to lose weight, but I look at pictures of me from years ago, and in that photo I’m still overweight. But there’s no way I am going skinnier than that.

That’s also why some of us lose faster, it’s easier to shift when you have a lot more to lose. When you get closer to that goal the loss slows down.

Have you thought about something else other than 1200 a day? I couldn’t do that, maybe something else would help you?

Don’t give up, you’ve got this xx
Thank you 😊
I have tried every diet under the sun over the years. 🙈 I know what my problem is, my doctor said I have an eating disorder but I am not sure about that 🤷 I think I am just greedy. I never feel full, I binge eat and consume eye watering amounts of food, I never feel full I just suddenly get pains and/or sick (never make myself sick).
Luckily I am very active and train most days (train 4 days then 1 day off), I love healthy food, hate fried food and never have fast food, very rarely drink but I do love chocolate and ice cream.
So the 1200 calories is forcing me to have smaller portions 👍🏻 and to choose my meals carefully.
Its going to be a slow progress but I am determined 💪🏻