Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Where did I say that ?
You didn't. From what I've been reading on here there's no way 90% of the country will be vaccinated by next year. I've been hearing 2022.
Old 11 Nov 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Not necessarily at all IMO. We just need to be a bit patient.

There’s now better testing, treatment and obviously an effective vaccine so I think that things could change considerably over the next few months
Exactly what I said but as there wont be a private option to get them for a while (year or so according to what I have read and speaking to my GP earlier on another matter) and not issuing certificates I think they (FCO) will have until a reasonable percentage (and my guess is 90% of eligible adults as children wont be getting them) or more effective rapid testing rolled out at airports - but that old be Easter (ish) end of Q1
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Not necessarily at all IMO. We just need to be a bit patient.

There’s now better testing, treatment and obviously an effective vaccine so I think that things could change considerably over the next few months
So perhaps we can forget travelling there until the FCO advice changes and it is deemed proportionately safe to do so?

Disney322
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
So perhaps we can forget travelling there until the FCO advice changes and it is deemed proportionately safe to do so?

Disney322
Yes, absolutely, I just don’t think we can rule out travel for next year as there has been a lot of progress recently.

The introduction of airport testing is meant to be coming in after this lockdown ends, with rumours of a test corridor between London and NYC, so we’ll see what then happens to FCO advice
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I thought I had missed something in the news by the thread title.
Old 12 Nov 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post

Disney322
I go back and forth on a daily basis as to whether I even want to travel there even if the FCO are in favour and their borders open. I guess we just have to hope that this vaccine isn't too far away so that our lives can hopefully return to normal sooner rather than later.
Old 12 Nov 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

My travel insurers (get going)put out an email lat. month to say travelling against FCO guidance will invalidate any claim an they will no longer cover anything Covid related . I also get insurance free with Nationwide and they wont cover me so I don’t travel unless wither FCO gives green light or I find another insurer that will over my medical issues and allow travel against government advice (to be honest I would personally be wary of a company currently claiming they would cover against such things ) - once the vaccine is out there (and I trust it by Q1/Q2) then I guess the fluid situation may be more stabilised
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Canadians will be allowed to enter from Dec 21st. I hope we’re not far behind them 🤞🏼
Old 23 Nov 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

My humble opinion; opening US borders will not be considered until post 20th Jan, not whilst Trump is too busy trying to sue/persuade all and sundry to say he won the election whilst knocking out golf balls. I doubt Biden's first priority will be opening the borders, especially with covid on/off spikes. With the apparent imminent vaccine perhaps the US may wait until innoculations are underway before considering border re-opening. Of course it's all speculation and none of us know.
Old 23 Nov 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
My humble opinion; opening US borders will not be considered until post 20th Jan, not whilst Trump is too busy trying to sue/persuade all and sundry to say he won the election whilst knocking out golf balls. I doubt Biden's first priority will be opening the borders, especially with covid on/off spikes. With the apparent imminent vaccine perhaps the US may wait until innoculations are underway before considering border re-opening. Of course it's all speculation and none of us know.
And that echoes what the CEO of Delta said over the weekend - he cant see it happening anytime soon either