Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Bozza, That’s a lot of trainers to have on the go
Hubbie has quite a few but ASICS are his favourite ones 🤩
Our son has just bought some HOKA’s & even though they get great reviews he doesn’t like them , that’s over £100 wasted
Different shoes for different purposes. In fairness two are trail shoes and eight are for the road.

Of the eight road pairs...

Three are general all-rounders - the classic "daily trainer".
Three are for when I'm intending to push the pace a bit over various distances.
One pair is for short fast runs - I'd not use them for anything further than 10km.
The final pair are for long slow runs, half-marathon or further.

I'm a Nike fanboy and literally will not look at anything else, although I have been tempted by Saucony over the last year - they've produced some incredible shoes. Their shoes have always looked great, but they've added some top performance to that now.

Because I run every day, it means my shoes get a break between uses which, apparently, helps with longevity. I'm currently averaging 60 miles a week so I'd burn through a single pair in no time.

Nike allow you to try and send back without question, so your son should see if Hoka will do that...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Where do I start; working on the front line, constantly being asked to work more hours, getting home and home schooling, cooking, cleaning, running, trying to keep 2 kids happy sleep, repeat.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Bozza, That’s a lot of trainers to have on the go
Hubbie has quite a few but ASICS are his favourite ones 🤩
Our son has just bought some HOKA’s & even though they get great reviews he doesn’t like them , that’s over £100 wasted
That’s a big collection Claire. I have one pair of trainers that my kids say look like Heelies (I only have small feet)

However, I make up for it in other shoes..
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
That’s a big collection Claire. I have one pair of trainers that my kids say look like Heelies (I only have small feet)

It’s my Hubbies collection, he’s shoe & trainer mad 🙄
Me I have 1 pair for running & 1 pair for the gym 🙄🤣💪
It’s quality not quantity 😜😉🤣🤣
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I wish i had time to try and keep busy 😂

I am still working full time plus extra to fill gaps and earn extra ready for our house buying shortly.
The teens and dog mean any spare time I would have to chill with are ruined.

When all this is over I want my own lock down where the rest of the world continues and I step off for a few weeks 😂
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Wish I had that problem lol, I find I haven't enough hours in the day. Would do anything to have some time to binge watch some Netflix.
Its a beautiful day here in S.Wales if I wasn't stuck to my desk (currently having half hour for lunch) I would be going for a long walk,I'm lucky to have beautiful areas to walk, I do feel for those who don't.
Not such a lovely afternoon in this part of South Wales - it’s bucketing down! Just got caught in the start of a hail shower coming back with the dog.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We've decorated (well, painted) a room each weekend since lockdown to keep us busy! It's one of the kids rooms this weekend!
I'm bored though, so I do feel your issue. There's only so many evenings you can spend watching vlogs of the things and places we are going to go and to do there once we can!
I'm so grateful I have work to go to, I often stay on longer than I have to these

Other things I've done - I've reorganised cupboards and wardrobes and drawers, make up, stuff in the garage etc, I make lists of things I want to get done, small chunk by small chunk, and I do like to look back at the list and see at least one ticked off once a day or whatever.
Gives me a sense of achievement!

I'll be watching this thread with interest for ideas
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Walking dogs and cutting scrubs! Never knew a pair of scissors would be so much fun ! I really enjoy putting different fabrics together and if they are being thrown away ,what better way to repurpose them than help those on the front line xx
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My life is busier than ever with DD and DS living back home (21 and 19). I've been working from home since March. So I spend my days working, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, walking the dog during lunch break all the while trying to chase my youngest (16) to do school work!
Old 22 Jan 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post

LIk eme - I have one pair of trainers I have prolly worn once in 20 years but had a wardrobe of Chelsea boots, and now 5 pairs of different hunters which seem de rigour around here (and a pair of Barbour boots arriving today ) - my exercise is dog walking over the various Commons or yoga
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List