Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Sep 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

My daughter was there last week and said it did not seem the same as when we went before, I think that maybe they have started. Shame it is a nice train ride to see it and we found it interesting.
Magnolia dream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Like everyone, it's a shame but I'm not surprised. It is always quiet.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There are rumours of a Zootopia themed attraction.
Would love if this was true!
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerstail
Excited about Disney

Where is this listed or reported as I can’t find any info.
We’re going 20th October and all my daughter wants to do is visit the goats and meet doc mcstuffin...
tiggerstail is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by tiggerstail View Post
Where is this listed or reported as I can’t find any info.
We’re going 20th October and all my daughter wants to do is visit the goats and meet doc mcstuffin...
On every Disney news outlet!
Doc McStuffins will continue to meet and greet at Hollywood Studios.

As for goats, I'm sure you can find some in the UK

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

When is whatever comes likely to reopen?

Bizarrely I was just thinking about the goat combing the other day!
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
When is whatever comes likely to reopen?

Bizarrely I was just thinking about the goat combing the other day!
Nothing has even been announced yet so nobody could even really guess.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerstail
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
On every Disney news outlet!
Doc McStuffins will continue to meet and greet at Hollywood Studios.

As for goats, I'm sure you can find some in the UK
Can you point me to some then as I can’t find anything
tiggerstail is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Quite disappointing, especially without anything announced to replace it. It was never particularly amazing but it was a nice place to visit during the day. Not having to get the train down there certainly simplifies our itinerary but the lack of petting zoo will have a couple of us disappointed for sure.
Old 23 Sep 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Hugely disappointed with this one unless it’s ahead of news of a revamp or change in theme. This must be pretty low cost To run so the budget stories seem unlikely to me. So far only confirmed is that cast members been told they are reassigned and it’s closing on that date. Not dissimilar to the ‘Move It Shake It Dance It’ stopping which is now being replaced with something almost identical in its place.

My two daughters are 6 and 3. I was never bothered too much with AK but the last couple of years we have spent more and more time here, makes great half days or so but for several visits. We have a great time doing Safari, Rivers of Light, doing the nature walks, visiting RPW and the Conservation station and taking in one of Lion King and Nemo shows and, of course, collecting all the Wilderness Explorer badges.

The nature and educational parts are really what sets AK apart for me from the other parks and a real change of pace. Love that the girls can just explore. But they get a bit bored because there are hardly any rides for their age, so we normally get there for opening and heading back to villa and pool by 2pm but return several times to cover all the ‘badges’ and see the shows a couple times.

They immediately lose a chunk of the ‘Research and Education’ element, an hour or two of activities for families with pre-schoolers and a big part of the current Wilderness Explorer activity (is this surviving?). Terribly shortsighted and unnecessary if you ask me.

Here’s hoping this is actually for the previously rumoured revamp to a Zootopia theme and not closure. I know a lot of people probably ignore this part of park and/or won’t be mourning its loss, but it’s a real shame for families and others who enjoy a quieter and interesting part of AK experience. Lost too many of these in recent years and frankly AK does not need to lose any attractions.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List