Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Anyone got a pizza oven?

Toying with the idea of getting a table top pizza oven like an ooni or alfresco chef ember one. Dont think my diy building skills stretch to making one although I've seen some fab ones on YouTube. Cant stretch to one of the more expensive ones. Anyone got one?
Old 25 May 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi!

Yes, we have an Uuni one. It takes a bit of time to get going but once it is, it’s fab.

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
Hi!

Yes, we have an Uuni one. It takes a bit of time to get going but once it is, it’s fab.
What wood do you use please? The ember one has a hopper at the back to feed kindling.
Old 25 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

have a read of my pizza thread, with a bit of effort, you can get similar results from your home grill!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1109738

(go to the last post first then go back through it)

i have a kamado oven with 10mm pizza steel and get similar results, but its a hassle getting it loaded up with coal and running for just two pizzas. plus, the above heat radiation isnt nearly as good as i was hoping.

so, i've been digging, and i'm pretty much set on getting an ooni koda 16 once they are in stock again

if i was happy with making smaller pizzas, i would probably choose the roccbox over the ooni, but the koda 16 has come up with a unit i want to make large pizzas with i can do 12" pizzas under my grill with a hob/pan/grill/steel method

for ease of cooking, i'm choosing gas, although pellets would be handy to take it camping

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Yup, we've had an Ooni one since last summer. We try to use it every weekend when the weather is nice.

Ours is the wood fired one and you feed the pellets into the back. I've cooked pizzas, naan bread and steak on it.

ETA - here are a few pictures

Edited at 10:32 AM.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
have a read of my pizza thread, with a bit of effort, you can get similar results from your home grill!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1109738

(go to the last post first then go back through it)

i have a kamado oven with 10mm pizza steel and get similar results, but its a hassle getting it loaded up with coal and running for just two pizzas. plus, the above heat radiation isnt nearly as good as i was hoping.

so, i've been digging, and i'm pretty much set on getting an ooni koda 16 once they are in stock again

if i was happy with making smaller pizzas, i would probably choose the roccbox over the ooni, but the koda 16 has come up with a unit i want to make large pizzas with i can do 12" pizzas under my grill with a hob/pan/grill/steel method

for ease of cooking, i'm choosing gas, although pellets would be handy to take it camping

hth
Thankyou will have a read.
Really fancy having pizza for my DD 21st in August. The ooni is delayed until August they cant give a date as yet. DD will be making them and I'll be making the dough 😂
Old 25 May 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Yup, we've had an Ooni one since last summer. We try to use it every weekend when the weather is nice.

Ours is the wood fired one and you feed the pellets into the back. I've cooked pizzas, naan bread and steak on it.

ETA - here are a few pictures

Oh fab was going to ask if anyone cooks other food in them.
Old 25 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We’ve got an Ooni, the wood pellet one. We bought it last summer and we use it often - even if the weather is poor.

I use these wood pellets - wolseley/product/b...llet-bag-10kg/ - they’re cheaper than the Ooni ones but still food safe.
Old 25 May 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

What do you have them standing on please?
Old 25 May 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I put mine on a piece of wood on top of a glass topped patio table. The instruction booklet said not to put on plastic or glass so we found a piece of wood from the shed. The official Ooni units were quite pricey and we wouldn't have anywhere to store it.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List