Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
What do you have them standing on please?
My husband puts a paving slab on an old workbench. It’s not sophisticated but it does the job. We will eventually do something more permanent but we’re hoping to sell this house so not much point doing it here. If it weren’t for having dogs, we would put it on a raised paved area in the garden.
Old 25 May 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
My husband puts a paving slab on an old workbench. It’s not sophisticated but it does the job. We will eventually do something more permanent but we’re hoping to sell this house so not much point doing it here. If it weren’t for having dogs, we would put it on a raised paved area in the garden.
Yup mine would need to be high or Bill would make off with the pizza😂
Old 25 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
have a read of my pizza thread, with a bit of effort, you can get similar results from your home grill!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1109738

(go to the last post first then go back through it)

i have a kamado oven with 10mm pizza steel and get similar results, but its a hassle getting it loaded up with coal and running for just two pizzas. plus, the above heat radiation isnt nearly as good as i was hoping.

so, i've been digging, and i'm pretty much set on getting an ooni koda 16 once they are in stock again

if i was happy with making smaller pizzas, i would probably choose the roccbox over the ooni, but the koda 16 has come up with a unit i want to make large pizzas with i can do 12" pizzas under my grill with a hob/pan/grill/steel method

for ease of cooking, i'm choosing gas, although pellets would be handy to take it camping

hth
My husband is Sicilian and a chef for over 25 years. I showed him your post on your pizzas and he said they are fantastic. He makes pizzas a lot
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We also have the UUni one. I agree that it takes some getting used to but it’s really quite good.
Our friends have a better one which I maybe wish we’d bought. I want to say it’s called RocBox?
I’ll check that!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had onderdeed the Uuni one but cancelled it and ordered a Roccbox instead! (Thanks Wayne! )

We are now in the process of designing and building an outdoor kitchen area so it can have pride of place!

Really looking forward to it arriving in July - fingers crossed!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have an ooni koda 16. Love how you can turn the gas on, then off with no cleaning. Wood fired pizza is fake news - The flame does the cooking, not the wood or smoke. Got one when they first come out.

Not interested in faffing with solid fuel, got a chiminea in the garden and a log burner in the house for that.
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
We have an ooni koda 16. Love how you can turn the gas on, then off with no cleaning. Wood fired pizza is fake news - The flame does the cooking, not the wood or smoke. Got one when they first come out.

Not interested in faffing with solid fuel, got a chiminea in the garden and a log burner in the house for that.
this is why i'm probably going for a gas model (and something the size of the koda 16 - most other models are far too small for what i want) - i dont want something that needs an hour of prep to get hot enough, its usually just 2-4 of us. and after recent experiments with the grill in the kitchen, im convinced that burning logs is far too much faff (i already have the kamado grill i can use for that sort of stuff)

a pellet option would be nice in case i want to take it camping, but im not too bothered about that...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List