Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
A 35% room reduction might be good enough though?

I have to say, I know for many this is devastating but for us this helps get things moving for next year and may allow us to stay in a resort we previously couldn’t afford.
I just priced up next year and staying at the same hotel a 35% room discount is equivalent to about a £2200 discount whereas the free dining for a family of 5 is worth £4200. We would still be a significant amount out of pocket. For smaller families the room discount would work out just as good though. I do wonder though if that will even apply to us as we know that UK Disney have different systems and offers. Maybe we will be forced to just cancel because we are not allowed to travel and there will be no rebooking incentive.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

There are loads of different threads on this - good luck to admin and mods sorting it out !

The kicker for me over and above the cancellation of DDP to sept 2021 is the need to have a park day reservation which you can only access at 60 days out and no FPs at all.

Hope it's temp. Their phone lines will be rammed now as agents and travellers all phone at once. A logistical nightmare.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think they wouldve been better off keeping the dining plans and not allowing cash purchases in the restaurants, but then they wouldnt be making more money. Very sad for everyone booked. Also to only allow reservations they would have more control over numbers in restaurants etc.
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
This really is the nail in the coffin for us. The free dining plan is a big draw for us to stay onsite. I know that if I was paying for food, I would begrudge the prices every time the girls wanted a snack or a treat and we probably also wouldn't do some of our favourite meals because of the cost.
This is from the Disney Statement as posted on Disney Food Blog.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

This makes it look like free dining isn't coming for next year any time soon and possibly never.

I'm not sure how this is going to apply to us either as we are in the UK.
I read yesterday there will be no 2021 dining release and no new bookings for 2020. Disney are still trying to figure this out as is the rest of the world .things are only opening to save the Economy , the virus is still a global pandemic . How on earth can Disney keep restaurants and counter service safe with the volumes they deal with .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
There are loads of different threads on this - good luck to admin and mods sorting it out !

The kicker for me over and above the cancellation of DDP to sept 2021 is the need to have a park day reservation which you can only access at 60 days out and no FPs at all.

Hope it's temp. Their phone lines will be rammed now as agents and travellers all phone at once. A logistical nightmare.
totally agree, no way would I be paying the holiday balance before booking ADRs and guaranteeing entry into the park and no FPs, think 2021 is off for us but I can imagine 2022 will be rammed with 2020 and 2021 people leaving it until then

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Is the sept 2021 statement an error? No one has free dining booked past sept 2020.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can’t believe I’ve woken up to this 😩 was originally meant to be there now with free dining, moved to October with paid dining and made the decision last night to move October to next May after waiting an hour and a half on the phone paying 2k more and losing our flight deposit I’ve booked again with paid dining and the relief has lasted all of 12 hours 😥
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well that’s my decision made 😠

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

As we were paying oop for dining plan (and my original calculation had paying for DDP and paying on the day pretty equal in cost for us, I’m not to concerned about the loss of DDP. (Already been thorough that fun last April when the last lot of changes were announced.
The change to 60 day ADRs and loosing all of our booking is much more concerning, particularly as the change is going for so long. Really starting to think that the chances of us getting a reasonable number of days in park to make the October trip worth while is very unlikely.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
The change to 60 day ADRs and loosing all of our booking is much more concerning, particularly as the change is going for so long. Really starting to think that the chances of us getting a reasonable number of days in park to make the October trip worth while is very unlikely.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely it's not that long ago that dining reservations were 90 days out?

Disney have not given any idea yet what percentage of tables will be available in restaurants and at least everyone is in the same boat. It may all work out with decreased demand anyway.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List