Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
End of January.
I cant remember off the top of my head how long your blood test will remain elevated after having b12. If you were identified as being deficient your normally recommended to stay on the maintenance dose.
cks.nice.uk/anaemia-b12-...ency#!scenario

Edited at 10:49 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Mine was due last week and was cancelled. However I'm so tired and can always feel I need it in the weeks coming up to it! I have to have a telephone consultation in two weeks time with the nurse, who is apparently triaging all b12 injection appointments.

No doubt after that telephone call I'll be waiting another few weeks for an appointment to get it.

When they cancelled they did say there was possibly an option of self-injecting but I'm not sure I could do it!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shez View Post
I self inject myself with b12 every 8 weeks at the moment and that is being reviewed to potentially change to 6 weeks. It’s easy to do and I inject in my thigh. Hope your daughter gets the backing of her Gp as it’s so much easier to do myself.
Do you have to draw up the injection like they do in the surgery or is there an auto-injector pen do you know?

Wondering if I can build up my nerve and just do it myself as I think the GP is happy for this to be done at home.

It always stings and I always flinch when they do it in the surgery (not the needle, the stuff going in!) - really can't imagine doing it myself and OH is no help lol.

Any advice appreciated!
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
shez
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

shez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
Do you have to draw up the injection like they do in the surgery or is there an auto-injector pen do you know?

Wondering if I can build up my nerve and just do it myself as I think the GP is happy for this to be done at home.

It always stings and I always flinch when they do it in the surgery (not the needle, the stuff going in!) - really can't imagine doing it myself and OH is no help lol.

Any advice appreciated!
Hi, I have to draw it up myself, it really is easy to do. It stings more going into my leg than it did my arm... once you’ve done it once you’ll be fine, you just have to brave it for the first time😀

Private villa 00, Comfort Inn LBV 02, ASMu 05, AKL 07, PORS 09, ASMu 11, OKW 13, Clarion Inn 15,Double tree and Best western 19,Clarion inn 22,
shez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I have pernicious Anaemia so different set of circumstances from you but have you tried liquid B12? It sort of takes the edge of my symptoms when I’m getting near to my injection.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post

Any advice appreciated!
I keep asking if I can do them myself but the answer has always been no, I don’t see the difference between giving myself a B12 injection and having to give myself blood thinning injections after a operation.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Mobile

Update from me - I had a telephone cal yesterday to say they were checking with the dr if I needed my injection (? ) and today to say I apparently don’t need it because the dr has checked my levels and they are fine? I asked how he’d checked my levels when I’ve never had them done since 3 yrs ago when I started to get injections... she said she didn’t know and would be asking the dr to ring me back on Thursday. She said she would recommend I eat a b12 diet (I already eat eggs, meat, fish and poultry etc anyway) instead of injections. Not happy as I am shattered and getting pins and needles in hands and feet which the BSH say needs to be reported as it can be the first sign of nerve damage due to b12 deficiency. Need to get my facts together to battle with the dr on Thursday morning no doubt! Anyone have any advice for what I should make sure I say?

Baffles me how they go from you need this every 12 weeks for the rest of your life to suddenly you don’t need b12 injections anymore, purely since COVID!
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I work at a Health Centre and we are booking b12 injections in Reception and my dd had hers done recently at her Health Centre so consistent in this area. I hope your GP can sort this for you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Last year our GP surgery changed from having stock in their fridge to prescribing a single ampule every twelve weeks. We now have to faff about collecting it from the pharmacy then taking it to the surgery so the nurse can administer it.
Now, with the current situation they are not doing the injection, but are instead prescribing tablet. They are useless for DW as her body doesn't absorb them sufficiently.
I asked about me administering the injection at home. "Oh no, you can't do that"! Maybe because I haven't got an ology in needle stabbing!

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

One of my members of staff was having issues with getting her B12. She was 5 weeks overdue and had even asked the GP to just prescribe it and one of the nurses at work would administer it - but no go .
Then suddenly last Thursday they phoned to say they were doing them again and she had her injection on Monday.
So hopefully things are getting back to normal with that at least
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List