Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Nov 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

OKW balcony

may be a silly question but are they screened so no bugs can get in? we stayed in a 2 bed apartment off site and I was pleasantly surprised the balcony was screened and had a fan, I assume this would be the same at Disney resorts but want it confirmed as it may be a big deciding factor on where we stay next time. TIA.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

I can’t say for the 1 or 2 bed villas with the bigger balconies but the studios definitely aren’t screened. We stayed in a refurbished studio this year but we weren’t in the room often enough to bother with using the balcony to be honest.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No they aren't screened they are just normal balconies with table and chairs on them.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

that's a shame, I got bitten quite a bit this year and had a strange reaction to one bite so thought sitting on a screened balcony rather than an open one in the evening with a drink would be nice, sitting by the lake outside banana cabana with the children to watch fireworks with a drink was far from relaxing lol.
I'm still toying with the idea of 2 connecting rooms at CSR (is it bigger than CBR as seemed it when we walked around) or renting a 5th wheeler & golf buggy at fort wilderness camp ground (not sure we'll like the forest setting as weren't a fan of the bayou at POR) and a suite at the values doesn't appeal, at least we have plenty of time to decide.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

A forest setting isn't the best place to avoid being bitten.
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by murdi View Post
A forest setting isn't the best place to avoid being bitten.
I did think that when I typed it lol.
2021?
Old 15 Nov 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

We've stayed in OKW twice & SSR, none of us have been bitten while out on the balcony. We may have just been lucky though.

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerstail
Excited about Disney

We stayed there a few weeks ago and survived, only place we ever get bitten is Epcot for some reason.
tiggerstail is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I tend not to get bitten onsite as Disney have a really good bug program, the same can't be said of offsite ... but yeah I'd forget FW Disney magic doesn't extend as far as that !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Didn't seem to have any problems in the Turtle Pond area. We mostly used it for breakfast times and for occasionally afternoon drinks.
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List