Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 7 Dec 19, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have a Lowepro rucksack that takes my camera, 4 lenses, charger, filters, everything. on vacation, I sometimes partially gut it and keep my food in tupperware boxes within. it is pretty much infinitely adjustable inside.

I like it a great deal and it is very comfortable on my back.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have a Lowepro rucksack that takes my camera, 4 lenses, charger, filters, everything. on vacation, I sometimes partially gut it and keep my food in tupperware boxes within. it is pretty much infinitely adjustable inside.

I like it a great deal and it is very comfortable on my back.
Would you know the exact model of this, ive searched lowepro on amazon & there are lots with different versions. Thanks a mill x
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
Would you know the exact model of this, ive searched lowepro on amazon & there are lots with different versions. Thanks a mill x
Not sure which one they were referring to - Possibly the one I put the link to. There’s two sizes, the large is the best. It just fits within airline size limits for hand luggage. I researched it quite a bit and this Fastpack was the highest rated one I could find with 2 compartments and big enough but not too big.
I made the mistake in summer of putting drinks in with my camera. The cold gave it condensation, my camera is weather sealed but the extreme cold to very hot and humid still caused condensation inside I think and left some droplets on the sensor which dried leaving a mark. I didn’t realise until I got home and had to get a sensor cleaning kit and some of my footage you could see it. Hence one with two separate sections now.

Edited at 07:59 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Might be worth doing a price comparison on Jessops. I just had a look and they do a wide range. I noticed a cashback offer on a Lowepro.
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
I can’t find a model number anywhere on mine, but it cost £17 inc postage on EBay and was as described, in as new condition.
I certainly do not regret purchasing new. They are very pricey and there are numerous , clearly immaculate ones on EBay.

Please find some images attached..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:27 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ae111sr
Proud to wear my Ears

This year I bought a better telephoto zoom lens (a Tamron 150-600 G2) for wildlife in Florida and needed a new bag. I wanted to be able to take my Nikon D500, the Tamron 150-600, Nikon 16-85, Nikon 70-300, flashgun, tablet and other accessories. It also had to comply with the TUI carry-on spec 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. After a lot of research I ended up with a Lowepro 300 AW Photo Classic Backpack which I found second hand in my local camea shop, the external dimensions are 29cm x 19cm x 43 cm
. Here's a link to the same bag on Amazon.
Took it to Florida in September this year and it was ideal for my needs. Hope this helps.
ae111sr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Thank you everyone for your links & photos, looking forward to picking out the bag for me. Looks like there a alot of options. And ideal for the parks too.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I had a Lowepro FastPack 300, loved it because I could fit my camera with large lens in it without dismantling it, and you can open a flap and slide the camera out without affecting anything else in the bag.

Than I got a 150-600mm lens and it doesn't fit in that bag, so I bought one of these
amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Really good quality and I can still fit by camera with huge lens attached in. Cheaper than Lowepro too, but the downside of it doesn't have a compartment for general stuff
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List