Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile Dining plans cancelled for rest of year

I have just read that existing ADRs and all dining plans are being cancelled through to the end of the year but I cant find it again, has anyone else read the same? Xx

Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes this is what is said:

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Disney Parks Blog update says ADRs and FP will be cancelled, they are still showing for me in the MDE app, but seems like they will be gone soon.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MinneMouse93
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Where does it say for the rest of the year? Sorry do not see it🤷
MinneMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I have just read that, seriously !

With park hours cut, no fireworks , parades, character meet and greets, having to wear a mask and now , no dining plan, can’t park hop.

Wish I could cancel if I hadn’t paid my flight in full.

Where do we stand now then ?
Obviously I booked a deluxe to qualify for a dining plan, obviously wouldn’t have booked that if I’d have not received a dining plan , my balance is due July .,
Jules

Edited at 06:52 AM.
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m struggling with this news today. I could deal with no parades etc and wearing a face mask, but now that they’ve cancelled my free dining, it seems foolish to go! We’d be paying top price and not getting what we paid for.
We’ve paid flights in full and have Used Dvc points too.
Some difficult decisions ahead 😕
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

This really is the nail in the coffin for us. The free dining plan is a big draw for us to stay onsite. I know that if I was paying for food, I would begrudge the prices every time the girls wanted a snack or a treat and we probably also wouldn't do some of our favourite meals because of the cost.
This is from the Disney Statement as posted on Disney Food Blog.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

This makes it look like free dining isn't coming for next year any time soon and possibly never.

I'm not sure how this is going to apply to us either as we are in the UK.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our booking is for September so things could change by then but if we hadn’t already resigned ourselves to not going this would be the straw that broke the camels back for us. If you booked with free dining and they cancel the free dining then surely they also need to reduce the room rate?

I have to say, I know a lot of people are keen to go regardless but you have to wonder what kind of experience you’d be paying thousands for. It’ll be next year for us for definite.

Just for clarification, I took a screenshot of the WDW webpage.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
This really is the nail in the coffin for us. The free dining plan is a big draw for us to stay onsite. I know that if I was paying for food, I would begrudge the prices every time the girls wanted a snack or a treat and we probably also wouldn't do some of our favourite meals because of the cost.
This is from the Disney Statement as posted on Disney Food Blog.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

This makes it look like free dining isn't coming for next year any time soon and possibly never.

I'm not sure how this is going to apply to us either as we are in the UK.
A 35% room reduction might be good enough though?

I have to say, I know for many this is devastating but for us this helps get things moving for next year and may allow us to stay in a resort we previously couldn’t afford.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List