Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Disney have cancelled Disney dining plan?

https://thedibb.com/2020/05/disney-c...a-magic-hours/

Have I read this right? That dining plans included with hotel bookings have been cancelled through 2020 . With this and them no longer having EMH and fastpass/no fireworks, parades and character meets,I would really want to cancel our booking. I just cant see a way to justify the cost of our disney hotel booking when we are not getting any of the benefits that staying on site should have brought. It's just going to be a totally different holiday from what we wanted or paid for.
Or do you think this means they will honor dining plans already purchased, just not be releasing them on offer later in the year?

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Wereallmadhere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

I just saw this. All current dining, experience and fast pass reservations are cancelled! I’m holding on to see what this is all building up to- I assume they have a plan. But this could well be the final nail in our August plans.

I read that to mean that existing DDP packages would be cancelled.

Edited at 03:54 AM.
cd900 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

On the page it is also saying they are cancelling all current dining plans included in packages... I'm hoping it's just been badly worded and they mean the paid for dining packages , like the dinner/show type , not the actual DDP?
Old 29 May 20, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

disneyfoodblog/2020/...-reservations/

In there it says:

“we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year.”

"If guests were recipients of the Free Disney World Dining Plan offered to guests impacted by the closure, their plans will be canceled as well and they will have the option to rebook at a later date with a hefty 35% room discount"

So sounds like no DDP for anyone.

Due to the fact they cant deliver the experience we booked I am hoping that this will be classes as a cancellation on our package and we can get a refund but maybe I am wishful thinking.

We can't afford to pay for our food on top of the holiday..it's just not in the budget so not sure what we would do if that is the case.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm exhausted worrying about this holiday now. Should be such an exciting time, but I'm more filled with dread rather than magic. Just cant stand being stuck in limbo not knowing what to do for the best and not being able to cancel anything without losing a huge amount of money. I'm gutted at the idea that we are going to have to go, and will have spent a fortune on the exact opposite the holiday that we wanted
Old 29 May 20, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked through attraction tickets direct, so not hopeful of them being overly helpful, no doubt we will loose our deposit, even though I dont feel we should, as they can no longer supply the package they sold us
Old 29 May 20, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

I know what you mean. This was NOT the rollercoaster I signed up for! Every day we’re up and down about going/ not going. In a way, this might just be the push we needed to make a final decision.
Old 29 May 20, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

There will be no fast passes, no dining plan, no extra magic hours, reduced transportation. Not quite sure what the on site benefits are at the moment. I know we are in unprecedented times and they have to do what they have to do and I've been so positive up to now. Now I'm awake in the middle of the night in tears at all these announcements.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I doubt we will be given the discount offer to re-book as we went through ATD. Will be interesting to see what a 'later date' means and what will be the cut off. If it's just 6/12 months then a lit of people may not be able to go then
Old 29 May 20, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
I doubt we will be given the discount offer to re-book as we went through ATD. Will be interesting to see what a 'later date' means and what will be the cut off. If it's just 6/12 months then a lit of people may not be able to go then
On the DFB Facebook post people are sceptical that this will mean that those rebooking will be smack bang in the middle of the 50th celebration with inflated prices, crowds etc.

I would hope ATD can pass on any offers to you. Disney are usually really good with third party suppliers.