Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Jul 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
We booked Alamo via Carrentals.com. When booking you are directed to the Alamo web site to get an Alamo rental voucher so as long as you get that you should be fine. That was all I needed to skip the counter last week. We have a Hyundai Santa Fe which is a fair bit bigger than the intermediate car which would be a Tucson and the car we got on our last visit. We did a bit of touring and we found the boot on the Tucson would just about take 4 cases but not much more!
All booked last night. Went with the Santa Fe in the end. Thinking about it we will be doing a lot more driving this time; Miami airport straight to Key Largo, all around the Keys, the Keys straight to Orlando, and then around Orlando.

£458, via Virgin Holidays, compared to £1230 direct with Alamo

Got two confirmation emails from VH but are still waiting for them to send the 'e-voucher'

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
For anyone booking via Virgin, don't forget you can get 6 miles to £1 if you have the Virgin Atlantic BLACK credit card - just be sure to book via Virgin Atlantic and not Virgin Holidays... same price, but more miles
Couldn't book with Virgin Atlantic in my case as according to the booking form, on their site, you can't pick up/drop off @ MCO. Which seems a bit odd to me.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Couldn't book with Virgin Atlantic in my case as according to the booking form, on their site, you can't pick up/drop off @ MCO. Which seems a bit odd to me.
Really ?! That's crazy, why would they stop you picking up and dropping off at MCO? Your booking is actually with Alamo who are one of the biggest rental companies here, can't see how/why they wouldn't let you?
Old 1 Jul 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Really ?! That's crazy, why would they stop you picking up and dropping off at MCO? Your booking is actually with Alamo who are one of the biggest rental companies here, can't see how/why they wouldn't let you?
I may have been searching wrong but putting Orlando in the box didn't offer MCO as an option.

Putting Orlando in the box, on Virgin Holidays site, does bring up MCO however
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I may have been searching wrong but putting Orlando in the box didn't offer MCO as an option.

Putting Orlando in the box, on Virgin Holidays site, does bring up MCO however
I just tried it, came up with MCO first time for me (amongst a few other places in Orlando for pickup).

We have actually booked for Fort Lauderdale, you should be able to book anywhere they have Alamo on the VA site.
Old 1 Jul 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Hi. You don't need to wait for an evoucher, you can use the confirmation / booking ref number you've been sent to check in online.
However, you do usually need to wait c24 hours after you get the email before the alamo check in will recognise your details.
The link to check in should be in one of the emails you got.

All booked last night. Went with the Santa Fe in the end. Thinking about it we will be doing a lot more driving this time; Miami airport straight to Key Largo, all around the Keys, the Keys straight to Orlando, and then around Orlando.

£458, via Virgin Holidays, compared to £1230 direct with Alamo

Got two confirmation emails from VH but are still waiting for them to send the 'e-voucher'

garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

I just tried it, came up with MCO first time for me (amongst a few other places in Orlando for pickup).
Very odd, it's doing it for me now - luckily it is the same price as Virgin Holidays.

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
Hi. You don't need to wait for an evoucher, you can use the confirmation / booking ref number you've been sent to check in online.
However, you do usually need to wait c24 hours after you get the email before the alamo check in will recognise your details.
The link to check in should be in one of the emails you got.
Thanks.