Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Volcano Bay Cabana Rental

Hi everyone,

Has anyone rented a cabana and if so can I have your feedback and details on how much you paid if you don't mind.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just jumping on the thread as I am interested in this too, I was looking for some feedback on whether it was worth it before booking.
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

I haven't been yet but just found this on Universal's website:

universalorlando/web...x.html#add-ons

Not sure if that's any help? :-)
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkGlasgow View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone rented a cabana and if so can I have your feedback and details on how much you paid if you don't mind.

Thanks
There are quite a lot of details on pricing out there. Looks like cabanas start from $159.99 and go up to $549.99 depending on whether you are ground floor or upper floor and depending on the time of year you visit.

Premium seating ranges from $29.99 to $69.99 (for 2 loungers) depending on time of year.

orlandounited/2017/04/uni...-for-purchase/

orlandoinformer/universa...abana-rentals/
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I just called to book and they took about 5 minutes checking the system then came back and told me they aren't able to book that far in advance so I asked how far in advance they were able to book they couldn't tell me that either.

They told me to try calling back every week.

Not great service considering we are calling from the UK.

Universal seem to be a little messy when it comes to Volcano Bay.
Old 22 Jun 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
emmylou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkGlasgow View Post
I just called to book and they took about 5 minutes checking the system then came back and told me they aren't able to book that far in advance so I asked how far in advance they were able to book they couldn't tell me that either.

They told me to try calling back every week.

Not great service considering we are calling from the UK.

Universal seem to be a little messy when it comes to Volcano Bay.
It's so annoying isn't it! I missed out pre booking by a day! Last time I called they were taking pre bookings for that week only. We go in October so will probably be a while yet
Old 22 Jun 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KatyElla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We pre booked a while back (as soon as they were available to book)...$315 including tax for an upper level cabana on 29th August. There has been lots of discussions that they aren't taking advance bookings anymore but not sure if that still stands.
KatyElla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

It's ridiculous not sure what's going on.

We need to be sure we get one because we plan on spending the whole day at Volcano Bay and my daughter will need to do some medical treatments whilst there and we need a private area for this. With the regular parks we usually only spend half a day but wanted to spend the whole day at Volcano Bay.
Old 24 Jun 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Barneyblue
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by KatyElla View Post
We pre booked a while back (as soon as they were available to book)...$315 including tax for an upper level cabana on 29th August. There has been lots of discussions that they aren't taking advance bookings anymore but not sure if that still stands.
We have a cabana booked for Oct and booked when they first opened. We though might have to change our plans and I asked universal about refund. First they said no refunds unless it's an emergency. I did ask about re booking . This was response "Also, Cabana's are no longer being reserved in advance" . Looks like it's on the day booking,not sure why though?

St Petes 1991
Comfort Suites MGE Kissimee Oct 2003
AKL Easter 2006
POR Oct 2017
Barneyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We. Poked. A single storey cabana on 21st August for $319.49 including tax when they first came out. We are only a family of 3 travelling with a couple so we split the cost otherwise I doubt we would have done it.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List