Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Snacks which will keep 2 or 3 days

We are staying at OKW on a package with free DDP for 8 nights. We will then be transferring to BLT as part of our DVC for 3 nights (that's all we can afford with the meagre points we own).

Now, if we want QSDP or DDP we will have to pay for it. In $$. Which, as you can imagine will work out quite expensive in the current climate £/$.

So, I was wondering. We usually have a handful of SCs left over which we use up at Goofy's on our last morning for things to bring home. Well, what if instead of doing that, we got snacks on our change-over day and kept them for consuming on our last 3 days? Makes perfect sense to me - except that obviously a lot of them won't keep.

We will have a full kitchen with full size fridge/freezer at BLT so keeping food cool and fresh won't be a problem. The question is, does anyone know of any savoury snacks (eg baked potato) that we can get and then put in the fridge for later consumption?

Some things won't work as they will go soggy (eg salads). Some things won't work as they'll go rock-hard (eg pastries and funnel cakes). And some things won't work because they'll melt unless consumed immediately (ice cream).

I don't know if we'll be doing a park on change-over day on a logistics basis, and Contempo will only have so much available as snacks to take straight up to our room in BLT and put in the fridge. But all SCs will all have to be redeemed before midnight on change-over day.

Thanks
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I was wondering about this as well, as we move to BCV on our last day on DDP.
I was thinking of using a couple of QS credits at Earl of Sandwich for some sandwich meals which keep in the fridge until the nest day for lunch.
Interested to see what other suggestions are.
Old 17 Jun 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Interesting thought, Wendy. Only it's a waste of a CS credit because the sandwiches are so cheap in the first place, plus because they're toasted they won't keep: the filling and bread will go really soggy.

DD's just said to me "Are you seriously saying you're going to lug baked potatoes round MK all day?" "No," I replied "They'd go in the scooter basket or backpack and then go into the fridge when we got back to the room." As we'll only be a 5-minute walk from MK it's no problem literally popping over to MK to get stuff like that - as long as we're back for our Chef Mickey's dinner at 7pm.

Another way of looking at it is that we could just live on buying snack meals for the 3 days - or even buy meals that we know are really filling and just share them.

Or I can go to a supermarket at some point (again, maybe changeover day as we'd have to move the car anyway) and buy some food the way we used to do when we stayed off site in a condo.

But right now I just need ideas for using the SCs which we'll have plenty of anyway.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Forgot they toasted them. Ill keep thinking.
Old 17 Jun 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You could get fruit - the grape pot or apples with caramel dip would last a couple of days.
You could also get individual yoghurts - not the parfait type that they put together for you, but the pre packed ones.
Not a great use of a snack credit to spend on a yoghurt, but perhaps better than nothing?
Or you could just live on Mickey crispy treats for three days?!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What about the Chip & Dale snack line? Things like pretzels, trail mix, nuts, etc. You can get decent sized bags on snack credits.

It's a bit out of the way of your resorts, but the new QS place at YC might have some options? It's all grab and go for the convention goers so made to sit around in fridges. I can't find the post showing the options in detail now but I remember seeing things like veggies and houmus snack pots which would keep well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
What about the Chip & Dale snack line? Things like pretzels, trail mix, nuts, etc. You can get decent sized bags on snack credits.

It's a bit out of the way of your resorts, but the new QS place at YC might have some options? It's all grab and go for the convention goers so made to sit around in fridges. I can't find the post showing the options in detail now but I remember seeing things like veggies and houmus snack pots which would keep well.
Thanks for that. That would be good for us moving to BCV for 3 nights. Thanks.
Old 17 Jun 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Lots of the QS in resorts have things like wraps that are in plastic containers, I think they would keep in a fridge for a day or so although not a snack credit.

Bottled drinks might be a good use and I would second the trail mix, those bags are huge and really good for keeping in your bag for a quick snack!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

chip & dale mixes
packaged minnie cookies
the magic cookie bar thing would keep pretty well if you put it in an tupperware box
The chocolate covered pretzels/rice crispy treats from goofy will keep a few days

The food courts sometimes have small boxes of cereal you can get using credits

been awhile since we went but at por they had boxes of ritz crackers & other savoury biscuits which were snack credits not sure if they still do them.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
elaine amj
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Things like bagels, cold food in the fridge section in resorts, packaged chips, etc.

Last time we had leftovers from our meals, and a bunch of leftover desserts we just brought to our next hotel.
elaine amj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List