Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report so far looking forward to more
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Great report, thanks.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsL
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Just read from the start and now I'm so hungry I could eat a scabby horse. Major food envy!
MrsL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Just found your report and have enjoyed it all. Thank you for taking the time to post.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Just came across your food trip, amazing! I'd love to go back to Flying Fish, its been a few years since we ate there. Looking forward to some more. x
Old 7 Jun 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Wow your food at Flying Fish looks beautiful. Sad the potato wrapped snapper is gone but might need to consider it in the future. I know the place itself looks very pretty.

Ew at the Guiness "Grasshopper" but yay for a proper Espresso Martini!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Yak & Yati - we both love the food but agree service is slow. Usually takes about 1.5hr to get out. Worth it though

Can't wait to read more, want to find out where the better steak was from.
Honestly give it a try for your 'special' meal of the holiday, would love to know how you think it compares to the old Flying Fish Cafe! We normally only do 1 day at AK so slow service at Y&Y was a hindrance, but now Pandora is open we'll do 2 so we won't be in such a rush. This makes me happy as it means Y&Y can stay in our plans

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
That expresso martini is so on my list!

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh I want to try both the espresso martini and the cucumber one! Looks lovely ☺
It was a goooood Espresso Martini!

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Looking forward to going to Yak & Yeti for the first time. Your food looked great. Still can't decide what to choose...

I also love an espresso martini!

Mrs P

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
Love the Flying Fish. It never disappoints. Yak and Yeti looks really good too. Can't wait to try it. Not long now!
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Wow, great updates! Glad you enjoyed Y&Y we are hoping to eat here for the first time this trip.

Flying Fish looks so good!
The only disappointing thing about Yak & Yeti is now being able to try everything!

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I love cocktails with cucumber in so I'm putting that martini on my list! Flying Fish looks amazing - definitely considering it for our next trip!
Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Originally Posted by MrsL View Post
Just read from the start and now I'm so hungry I could eat a scabby horse. Major food envy!
This game me giggle as reminded me of when I first met my hubby. I thought he said he could eat a 'Scabious'. I spent ages wondering what the heck a scabious was!

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Great report so far looking forward to more
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Great report, thanks.
Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Just found your report and have enjoyed it all. Thank you for taking the time to post.
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Loving your food report !
Thank you all for being so lovely!

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Just came across your food trip, amazing! I'd love to go back to Flying Fish, its been a few years since we ate there. Looking forward to some more. x
You should give it a go and see what you think now compared to the old restaurant, would love to know how you find it!
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Thank you to everybody who is reading along, and for your lovely comments.

Day 9

Off to Seaworld today! Not having particularly enjoyed the CS food at Seaworld in the past, we decided on a quick breakfast from Marketplace! Anna & I shared Mickey waffles with sausage.

Oh I do love a Mickey waffle!

Mark got a breakfast sandwich (borrowed pic)

I'd planned on getting some pastries instead of drinks but still not knowing about the pastry cabinet, I disappointingly got a fruit cup and some Chip & Dale crackers

We didn't get anything other than drinks or slushes at Seaworld but would just like to say Mako - OMG! We sat in the front row and I thought I was going to fall out!

Mark wanted to get some new trainers so I strategically suggested driving to Mall at Milennia, with only one thing on my mind... cheesecake! Every time we book a Florida trip my mind wanders to to the deliciousness that is Cheesecake Factory. I kind of come out in a cold sweat in the queue trying to decide what to get, but I couldn't resist my old favourites! I got a slice each of Snickers Cheesecake and Reese's Peanut Butter chocolatecake cheesecake (wow that's a mouthful!). Mark opted for his fave 30th Anniversary and a new one for us - Tiramisu ($33.87). Anna somehow doesn't like cheesecake, not sure what is wrong with her!

Sorry about the missing piece, I thought I'd trained him better:angry:

We always eat this over several sittings and I'd love to know how long it would actually keep in the fridge for? I think we've got about 4/5 days with it still being okay. I would deffo buy more if it would keep longer! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

We called in to a Publix on the way back to Beach Club as we needed a few bits (Beer ). One of the things Mark and Anna love when we stay in a villa is getting Publix chicken for tea. They were desperate for some, so we picked a box up to nibble on as we'd not had any lunch and weren't eating until later ($7.99).

We took the short walk to Epcot for tea where Mark got himself a couple of Hot Sakes before we secured our fave seats for ROE. It's a bit of a tradition for us to get Fish & Chips from the UK CS whilst waiting.

We all had these along with a couple of beers from various surrounding stands. We always enjoy this but I've recently read somewhere that this is Catfish! Hopefully I'll forget that little fact before we go again! Don't know why it puts me off, we love the taste so it's stupid really. Anyone else?

Tomorrow - Rainforest Cafe & Be Our Guest
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my the cheesecake! Love the food at CF and missed it last so it's a must for next time!

Love the fish and chips in Epcot too...it puts me off for a second. I once ate some fish in the Falklands and it was delicious. I googled a pic and oh my word it was disgusting looking 😂

What's this pastry cabinet you speak of is this a must know for the beach club?
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

that Snickers cheesecake looks gorgeous - I've kept cheesecakes over 3/4 days so can't help on how long they would keep for.

the fish and chips also looked really nice are they a QS credit.
Old 7 Jun 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loving the trip report so far. If you ever eat a mini fish or small fish from a chip shop here it's catfish unless it specifically says cod. My friend works in seafood and I was horrified when he first told me. But it tastes so similar I'm now ok with it