Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jun 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lee2112 View Post
I've read loads of good reports so don't let negativity put you off! It's a brand new park, obviously lots of people want to see it. It's weird that people don't say that Magic Kingdom isn't a good Park when it's crowded...
Anyhoo, there's still enough time in your countdown that it'll quiet out and get tighter on operations, people on here seem to be very negative about Universal in particular opening new things and having teething issues. Don't let it freak you out
Well I for one don't like the Magic Kingdom when it is too crowded. Was there last year and hated the crowds and left early. I believe they let too many people in and I wasn't there at peak time.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Lee2112 View Post
I've read loads of good reports so don't let negativity put you off! It's a brand new park, obviously lots of people want to see it. It's weird that people don't say that Magic Kingdom isn't a good Park when it's crowded...
Anyhoo, there's still enough time in your countdown that it'll quiet out and get tighter on operations, people on here seem to be very negative about Universal in particular opening new things and having teething issues. Don't let it freak you out

This is only my opinion... but when you have water and children and overcrowding and people nearly stepping on each other to get rings it is genuinely frightening. For the first time I felt very nervous in a park and I absolutely love Universal they are my favourite parks. But I agree with you any park is not very nice to be in when it's overcrowded but I just felt in a water park it is definitely too dangerous.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Well I for one don't like the Magic Kingdom when it is too crowded. Was there last year and hated the crowds and left early. I believe they let too many people in and I wasn't there at peak time.
Same here, I commented on here last year about our Saturday visit to the unmagical kingdom. Crowds were awful, we hated it and left early and won't go there on a Saturday again.

It doesn't have to be a debate on Disney versus universal, all the parks are awful when they let to many people in.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Thanks for your opinions, it doesn't sound like the relaxing day we fancied, so may just head to the pool at PBH, no lazy river, but hopefully everyone will be at VB so it'll be lovely and quiet 😉 x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Worse thing from my viewpoint is that a lot of kids get overly excited when around water and tend to barge and jump around with no mind or heed to anyone else and the discomfort they cause. Add overcrowding to that and it's even worse, especially with parents who exercise zero control ( or interest! ) in what their child is doing.

Half the time it's an accident waiting to happen and very unpleasant, especially if you have younger ones with you.

Another reason we always go later in the year... we learned from bitter experience
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

We will give it a go because the tickets we have include it, but I'm not holding out much hope for a good day.

It's a shame because it's the one my kids have been excited about, they loved wet and wild and were sad about it closing and have followed the volcano bay development closely.

I have to keep saying to them that it might be horrendously busy and that there are other water parks too. Luckily we have 3 weeks this time or I wouldn't be devoting a day to it!
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Was there last week, busy but be there for opening time so you will a few slides before it gets too busy
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I saw a video of the lazy river last week, no way on earth I'd take my kids after watching it. It was bumper to bumper with people on rings. I'd seriously hate to be lifeguarding, accident waiting to happen in my lifeguard/swimming teachers opinion.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm hoping the pool at HRH will be quiet because everyone will have gone off to VB
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
I'm hoping the pool at HRH will be quiet because everyone will have gone off to VB
Our thoughts too 😂 except we're at PFB x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List