Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Tom, you're talking about diffuser sticks that use fragrance oils, rather than essential oils, I think.

OP, Perhaps all the diffusing Dibbers have missed your post. I'm a big fan of essential oils, but haven't got myself a diffuser for them. ...Would like to sometime, though, and the one linked above looks good. Let us know how you get on with it.
I'll let y'all know next week. I'm hoping that it's worth the money because I've invested nearly £40 with some oils as well so we shall see.
Old 21 Jun 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I'll let y'all know next week. I'm hoping that it's worth the money because I've invested nearly £40 with some oils as well so we shall see.
£40! You can get a gel air freshener in Wilko for a quid!

Mind you I have been stalking Wilko for weeks now for 2 x garden tubs and they have just come back in stock so I cant really moan about you Ladies and these air thingy's

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
£40! You can get a gel air freshener in Wilko for a quid!

Mind you I have been stalking Wilko for weeks now for 2 x garden tubs and they have just come back in stock so I cant really moan about you Ladies and these air thingy's
Do you know I'm not entirely certain that these air thingies are going to be any better than the £1 air freshener jobbie from Wilcos. We shall see!
Old 21 Jun 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ahh I see. I shouldn't be let out sometimes!
Depends what you're wearing! . Although, in this heat...

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been using essential oil in a burner for 20 years now.
Have always used what I suppose would be considered an old fashioned burner! Just a glazed one - pop water in the top, add a few drops of pure essential oil to the water and pop a candle underneath.

Love using lemongrass in the kitchen. Lavender in the bedroom. And a mix of lavender and tea tree oil if there are bugs and illnesses. Plus the lavender and tea tree oil can be used neat for various things.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
I've been using essential oil in a burner for 20 years now.
Have always used what I suppose would be considered an old fashioned burner! Just a glazed one - pop water in the top, add a few drops of pure essential oil to the water and pop a candle underneath.

Love using lemongrass in the kitchen. Lavender in the bedroom. And a mix of lavender and tea tree oil if there are bugs and illnesses. Plus the lavender and tea tree oil can be used neat for various things.
That's interesting. I wonder if all these oils are safe to use in a babies room, because if they are and my little granddaughter gets sick anytime I might let my daughter borrow it.
CarolynU is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

That's interesting. I wonder if all these oils are safe to use in a babies room, because if they are and my little granddaughter gets sick anytime I might let my daughter borrow it.
Lavender is absolutely safe to use. Just use fewer drops.

When my children had chickenpox -they were 1 & 4 at the time - I used chamomile oil in their baths. Through the day I would sprinkle 3 drops in a small bowl of water, the stay on the surface so put a facecloth on the top and use that to pat on their skin. Didn't use calamine at all. It really calmed the itching and no scarring.

Only lavender and chamomile for babies. From what I can remember.

Are the oils you're getting pure essential oils?
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Lavender is absolutely safe to use. Just use fewer drops.

When my children had chickenpox -they were 1 & 4 at the time - I used chamomile oil in their baths. Through the day I would sprinkle 3 drops in a small bowl of water, the stay on the surface so put a facecloth on the top and use that to pat on their skin. Didn't use calamine at all. It really calmed the itching and no scarring.

Only lavender and chamomile for babies. From what I can remember.

Are the oils you're getting pure essential oils?
Yes they are essential oils. Good job I read up about it though because I didn't have a clue that oils could be different. I just saw bottles marked oil and could quite easily have ordered fragrance oils if that's the correct terminology.
Thanks for the info re babies. I might order some of the above lavender or chamomile to soothe in case it's needed for my baby granddaughter at any time.
Old 22 Jun 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Yes they are essential oils. Good job I read up about it though because I didn't have a clue that oils could be different. I just saw bottles marked oil and could quite easily have ordered fragrance oils if that's the correct terminology.
Thanks for the info re babies. I might order some of the above lavender or chamomile to soothe in case it's needed for my baby granddaughter at any time.
Carolyn, check the quality of the essential oils as some are rubbish. I personally use Tisserand. Some info on oils here tisserand/

I also use an old fashioned diffuser. Did get a modern one but all around it ended up wet so it went back. Good job I didn't have it on a wooden surface.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Carolyn, check the quality of the essential oils as some are rubbish. I personally use Tisserand. Some info on oils here tisserand/

I also use an old fashioned diffuser. Did get a modern one but all around it ended up wet so it went back. Good job I didn't have it on a wooden surface.
Thanks for this link Anne. I must admit this is all a bit of a mystery to me. I have to confess that apart from the fact I've ordered orange and lemon odours I have no idea what brands I bought.
I guess I made the classic mistake of just buying them all from Amazon as it was quick and easy.
However, I'm going to look carefully into which replacements I buy to ensure that I don't waste my money on oils that are not very good, so I'll start with your link.