Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile How do fast pass bookings work?

Last time we went was 2010 and at that time we had to dash across the park to the ride we wanted to Fastpass in hope of securing one. I understand now that fast passes are booked online in advance? How does this work. We are likely to be staying offsite. If there restrictions on how many fast passes you can pre-book? Could I book a different fastpass to hubby if we each wanted to do different rides alone?
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Hi there

If you are staying onsite you get to book your fast passes 60 days in advance, if staying offsite you can book fast passes 30 days in advance. You can book them online through your mydisney account or over the telephone.

Yes you can book different rides for each other.

There times are in an hour time slot, so you can go anytime within that hour. For example 2.20pm-3.20pm or 9.30am - 10.30am.

You can book three fast passes for each person each day, and you can (as far as I'm aware) only book fast passes for one park. Once you have used all of your fast passes on the day, you can try and book additional fast passes for later that day in any park (i.e the same one or a different one to the other fast passes). You can do this online/via the my Disney app or there are places in the park (I believe) where you can book fast passes during the day.

Some parks have tier 1 and tier 2 rides, so you can have one fast pass for tier 1 rides and 2 for tier 2 rides. Other parks such as Magic Kingdom are all the same so you just book three passes for any of the rides.

Hope that helps
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Exciteddiva
Getting Excited

Fastpasses are made using the My Disney Experience website/app. You will need to have an account set up. If you're staying off site you can book 30 days before you want the fastpasses. You can book 3 fastpasses each in one park only per day initially. After you have used these you may then book another at the same or different park. Hope this helped. There is also a very helpful Fastpass guide on the dibb. 😀

2014 - Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, 2016 - Bahama Bay/ HRH, 2017 - Orange Lake & Keys,
2019 - Emerald Island Villa
Exciteddiva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Sorry to jump in what time can we book fast passes on the day please ? If memory serves me right was it 5am?

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hi guys there a little guide with pictures in my footer

it opens at noon on your 60/30 days out.

Little padlock on mde just disappears

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Technically, if you are off-site and have 14 or 21-day tickets bought independently, you can book FPs when you like, although there's little point doing it for 30 days from today if you're not even in the States by then. I did this just to try the booking system on MDE, but then cancelled the FPs. My point is that you can book whenever you like, but you'll need to ensure your FPs match to the days you plan to be in the country and the park in question.
Something I've been told but not checked myself is that if you book your first FP on a 14-day ticket, the system won't let you book any that are past your 14 days, ie. It seems to know you have a 14-day ticket and so knows you can't even get into the park past then, and so can't book FPs.
Perhaps someone can confirm that?
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Midday UK time
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Great thanks .
On my fast pass day I have a hair appointment at 12.30 do you think the half hour before will be enough time to secure all my fast passes on my phones app for the 4 of us for our 13 day stay?

Otherwise might cancel my appointment

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
yogadeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Great thanks .
On my fast pass day I have a hair appointment at 12.30 do you think the half hour before will be enough time to secure all my fast passes on my phones app for the 4 of us for our 13 day stay?

Otherwise might cancel my appointment
really? You are asking us whats more important - fastpasses or hair? on the dibb?

here's a clue, its not hair!

that's like people asking - should I go to WDW? Erm no... come to Coatbridge, its nicer...

just move your appointment on an hour or so...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 01:29 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
really? You are asking us whats more important - fastpasses or hair? on the dibb?

here's a clue, its not hair!

that's like people asking - should I go to WDW? Erm no... come to Coatbridge, its nicer...

just move your appointment on an hour or so...
lol I can't because of school run and then work , I'll change it t another day

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007