Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Avatar FP+ looking unlikely...Tusker advantage?

I do have a couple of early morning (8:10am) breakfasts reserved though at Tusker just in case this happened... can anyone tell me what time the crowds are let in to animal kingdom at a usual 9am official opening please. In other words, will it be worth the early breakfast?
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Do you mean that you can't find any available for the time during your stay?

It's just that this site suggests FP+ are available?
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Unfortunately I cant book the 23/24/25 and 26 August yet...not until this coming Saturday. This is because we have split stay. Our 60 days is calculated from 23rd August when we arrive at AKL for the last bit of our holiday. Watching TP's gradual depletion of FP's available is making me a bit , well, sad... but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Was just discussing this over in the ADR board... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1030272

To recap - too early to say as there hasn't been any PPO reservations available post-Pandora yet and I don't think they've settled into a proper RD procedure yet either. But I suspect there won't be much (if any) benefit to this due to TH's location, sadly!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks... yes spotted the thread just after I'd posted this. will have to see what Saturday brings. Thanks anyway
Old 22 Jun 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
easywdw/easy/blog/ani...und-two-61117/

Take a look at Josh's experience of the 8am opening strategy. Looks like it's do-able to walk on FOP first thing, but the key is to get there a lot earlier.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hmmm interesting.

A good read! Thanks for the link MM
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
easywdw/easy/blog/ani...und-two-61117/

Take a look at Josh's experience of the 8am opening strategy. Looks like it's do-able to walk on FOP first thing, but the key is to get there a lot earlier.
Regarding Tusker House, Josh says the following in the comments below that post (note that this is for an 8am opening time):

"The Tusker House reservation would have no bearing on entry into Animal Kingdom. You’d be let into the park with everyone else sometime around 7:20am and then held outside Pandora until they let you in, sometime between 7:30am and 7:50am most likely. If you eat breakfast at 8am you’d be wasting the single best hour to tour of the day outside of maybe 10pm-11pm."

Since Pandora opened, AK opening time has always been 8am. So it's difficult to know what will happen if/when it switches to a 9am opening time.

Even when it does officially open at 9am, I expect they'll let people into the park at least 15 minutes beforehand. You'd have to have finished that Tusker breakfast in less than half an hour in order to be ahead of the crowds.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I would be surprised if you cannot get anything when you get to your 60 days on Saturday, I did mine yesterday at 60 days and got fast passes for 1 of the rides in pandora on each of our planned visits and they are days 3,5 and 8 of our stay.
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
I would be surprised if you cannot get anything when you get to your 60 days on Saturday, I did mine yesterday at 60 days and got fast passes for 1 of the rides in pandora on each of our planned visits and they are days 3,5 and 8 of our stay.
Unfortunately we only have 3 days plus a morning staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and according to TP ( from memory as I'm on the hop at the mo) Avatar has gone for the weds and Thursday already ( our days 1 and 2), and there are currently afternoon / evening times left for day 3 as it stands today - but there's still tomorrow's '60 dayers' to have theirs from that) .and nothing for our last morning - day 4 - as it's already up to afternoon slots. And there are still 44 hours until I can reserve
If I can just manage an Avatar late night time ride for our last night,day 3, I'll be really happy or maybe I'll get lucky if Disney extend park hours for that week and therefore fp availability
It's not the end of the world but would be a great end to the holiday