Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Has EPCOT had its day?

I just wanted to gauge everyone's opinion on EPCOT.

I find there is just less and less things to do here each year we return and we struggle to fill the whole day. The park seems very dated these days, Future World in particular is in desperate need of some TLC.

We love walking around World Showcase and illumiNations is my personal favourite. It just makes me sad that the rest of the park hasn't been invested in.

What do other people think?

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My least favourite park. My family are thrill seekers so only Test Track and Mission Space really appeals to them.

To get the most out of Epcot you need to be on one of meal plans imo
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love the entertainment in the countries , it's nice to stroll around at a slower pace and go for a meal. They announced plans for Epcot so maybe now pandora Is finished and Star Wars done Epcot will be next .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Not in my opinion .its my favourite park and we stay at beach club so we can stroll round Epcot most evenings .love everything about it .conversley I'm not that bothered about HS

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Epcot has always been my favourite park, ( although that maybe superseded by HS once star wars completed )always find plenty to do, I guess a few things need a little updating but imagine with all the work at MK a couple of years ago, avatar at AK and all the current work at HS epcot will hopefully be next on the list.
so much more to all the parks than just thrill rides, as much as I enjoy most of them there are loads of other amazing things to see and do

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think EPCOT is a lovely park, the World Showcase is wonderful. IMHO it is on balance a park for grown ups. The Worldshowcase (Frozen excluded) can be like dragging your kids round Tescos on a Friday afternoon.

Not suggesting the the OP is one of these, but I think there are many people who are so driven to do rides and achieve objectives, that they fail to see the the real beauty of the places that they visit. The flowers, the birds, the gardens, the nooks and crannies.

This of course is a consequence of time constraints which is a shame. We did 3 days at Epcot last time for example.

Just imagine that WDW was in the UK and you had an annual pass. You would really see bits of it that otherwise you would charge pass without a second glance.

Disney332
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We are happy with Epcot and like the slower pace for a change. The thrill rides are good but we don't need them every day to enjoy our holiday. We accept that there is/has been major investment/restructure going on at MK, DS, AK and HS. They will get to Epcot eventually.
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It never was a thrill seekers park, it is quirkier and more unique. It is part of its charm.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

There are parts that need an update but it's still my favourite park! Especially during flower and garden when it looks even better.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies, its interesting to see what people think. I just find that there isn't much to pass the time as there is in the other parks . Such as the parades in MK/AK and the little street shows in HS. We always take it slow in Epcot and to be honest the thrill rides aren't what we go for really.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List