Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I really like it, I love world showcase, the kids aren't wild about it so we may do a full day in a 3 week holiday and then go in 2-3 times in the evenings after water parks and have our fast passes, a meal and watch the fireworks
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Most of the complaints about Epcot come from people that pay $120 to get in

How many Brits would pay £100 to get in Epcot? Magic Kingdom yes but not Epcot. Luckily it's included in our 14 day pass
I would pay £100 for a day in EPCOT but not for a day in MK. We are all different
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think we have one of these threads every few months about Epcot - this proves they need to do something to keep everybody happy. We don't have these about MK, AK or even HS
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Okay then - so if you were in charge of improving EPCOT what would you do?

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

Reading posts on here over the last few months, it seems quite a lot of the park has been closed off to the public and mothballed, which seems a shame. It would seem an easy short term fix to reopen some of these areas in the interim before the (rumoured) development of the park.
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I'll be honest, I caved and got a 2 day ticket for Animal Kingdom and EPCOT - no it isn't the most efficient ticket but I just love those two parks more than the other two and given time constraints that's what I preferred.

I honestly don't remember much of it except for Test Track, soarin and the world showcase, which is good since it seems like a lot of stuff I never did or don't remember has gone - this might be a bit sad to some but at least I won't know it has gone (unlike hollywood studios...)

Planning for EPCOT to be a chillout day. See the roses, eat some pastries, drink in the pub there for a laugh, maybe get an overly alcoholic beverage against my parents advice and have a bad head for the rest of the day... and the shops, oh man. Always loved the shops as a kid. Especially the Japan shop. I do hope the merch is still interesting. Never failed to get something interesting from those two shops.

It's true, it's all down to preference. I honestly could take or leave magic kingdom. It was good as a kid I guess but it never really grabbed me. That and the crowds, FP+ (grudgingly putting up with that) and often outdated rides (cough, POTC, cough) make me ambivalent towards it - but it's not targeted at me, just as EPCOT isn't targeted at kids. It does need more attention and TLC and I hope disney get off their butts and do something there with their massive cash stacks.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Most of the complaints about Epcot come from people that pay $120 to get in

How many Brits would pay £100 to get in Epcot? Magic Kingdom yes but not Epcot. Luckily it's included in our 14 day pass
Personally, I wouldn't pay £100 to get into any of them for one day. No park is that good.

But I'd pay the same amount to get into either Epcot or Magic Kingdom. (I find MK is too busy).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

We've been to Epcot many times and never really enjoyed it, in fact, last time we went in 2015 we said we won't bother with it again, we always come out of there on our hands and knees and ask ourselves why. I suppose having a young daughter who isn't really feeling it and the fact that Food & Wine Festival has made it extremely busy the last two visits doesn't help.

This year, because we are going for two weeks in August we have changed our mind, we have decided to do Epcot on a few occasions, one morning doing Future World only, one afternoon doing World Showcase only and then going back one evening to do the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party and watch Illuminations.

If this doesn't change our mind then nothing will.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

Our first time at Disney last year. I did wonder if Epcot was relevant anymore. It want at the top of my list of parks. However I really enjoyed, it and we went several times.

I suppose like most thing , it needs to evolve.
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlando2 View Post
Lots of rumours out there for Epcot. To get it ready for 2021 (50th anniversary)

Ratatouille from Disneyland Paris
United Kingdom attraction could be themed to Mary Poppins
Tron ride
Guardians of the Galaxy ride taking over Ellen's Energy Adventure
Star wars hotel
illuminations possibly using drones
A headline in the Orlando Sentinel today reads:

"Disney permit signals future work at Epcot". It goes on to say "to provide a more contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas within Walt Disney World's EPCOT Center,” according to a staff report included with the permit.

The project also includes creating two dry retention areas for water treatment at the park “where future construction is planned,” the report said."

So it does look like changes are afoot.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List