Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Dec 14, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Florean Fortescues ice cream

This ice cream parlour is in the wizard in world of Harry Potter @ Universal Studios and is just facing Gringotts bank on the corner. There was quite a large queue in here and it took around 15 minutes to get to the front - but being British it was no drama.

I ordered a waffle cone soft serve toffee ice cream with shortbread and chocolate sprinkles and Dan had a soft serve vanilla cup with shortbread and chocolate sprinkles - this came in at $15.06 and we really enjoyed these. My toffee ice cream was really suttle in flavour but huge and I struggled to eat it all, Dans was smaller but he enjoyed his too. We would score this 9/10.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Flaming Moes & Duff beer

We headed over to the Simpsons part and it had to try a flaming Moes, I did not know how much it would bubble.

The flavour is just really orange soda with dry ice and the duff beer was standard lager but it was worth it for the experience. This cost around $ 18 and we score 7/10

Here is a video

Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really enjoying this so far!😄
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Cowfish

Cowfish is a new burger and sushi restaurant on City Walk and I was really excited to try this, we arrived around 8pm and were told a table would be around 30 minutes but they would text us when one became free.

We had a look around the shops and around 20 minutes later we received a text, you enter this restaurant via a lift and then a host/hostess takes you to your table, it was quite a warm night so we were seated outside on the balcony overlooking City walk and had heated lamps above us to regulate the temperature - the view was great the place was buzzing.

Our server was called Zeke and he was really helpful and took some time to get to know us.

Dan had a beer - Sam Adams again but I really fancied a cocktail and went for the craziest one on the menu oh and took far too many pics of it ...

Cocktail menu

Buffalos and bourbon cocktail

Menu pic

I went for the Texas longhorn burger

Dan had a build your own which was just burger cheese and bacon

We really enjoyed this meal but it came with too many fries - the. Whole experience was better than the food so we will score this an 8/10, the meal was quite cheap and with tip I think it was around $70

Here are a few more pics

Oh and if you get the opportunity to go to the loo here the loo you can learn Japanese whilst you go
Old 27 Dec 14, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

loving your report!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start. Look forward to the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
What a great and informative report

Thanks for sharing it all
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Three Broomsticks

We were originally going to come here for breakfast but were delayed as the Gringotts bank ride broke down.

You order here at the till and then collect your food from the counter which differs slightly from The Leaky Cauldron, the place was really quiet also so we found our own place to sit.

Dan did not fancy anything off the main menu so he ordered double mac and cheese and chips from the kids menu, I ordered Cornish pasties and. Salad ( the healthiest meal of the holiday)

Here is my lunch

Dans mac n cheese and chips

Minute maid lemonade

We enjoyed this meal but it was not as good as The Leaky Cauldron and we give this 7.5/10 it only cost around $30
Old 28 Dec 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Oreo dipping dots

I really wanted to try these after seeing so many people on here rave about them and I can confirm that they are awesome - the Oreos are layer with the little balls of ice cream and you get some Oreos in every bite, Dan and I shared this regular sized cup - and it was more than enough.

Oreo cookie dipping dots

This was around $5 and we give it an 8/10
Old 28 Dec 14, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Cinnabon

Again like the dipping dots this was another thing I had to try, I was still kinda full from the dippin dots though and think I would have enjoyed this more if I was more hungry.

I also did not realise that this would be warm and it made it a bit too sickly, but being the cinnamon roll fan I am I managed around 1/3 of it.

I would rate 7/10 and it cost $5 I think I would have rated higher if it was cooler