Notices

Old 17 Apr 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Villa looks fab and great to see lots of pics as we stay here next year. Having stayed in one of Joanne's villas before I am not surprised how spotless and well equipped it is. Have a fun and relaxing day. Sounds like you all need it!😀
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your reports. They start my day off brilliantly!

Villa looks fab. We never go for the villas, thinking that they are much further afield.
We usually book lake buena vista area but that games room looks amazing and something we may have to think about for other visits.

Glad your having a super time. I was there with you " in spirit" at US and IOA!

Xx FF xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post

I was awake at 3am and despite desperately trying to get back to sleep it just wasn't happening. I spent an hour on the iPad finishing yesterday's TR and dibbing before crawling back into bed. I managed to doze on and off until 7am then lay wake until 7:45 when Kevin started to stir. That was my cue. Blinds open, music on, let's go. All up and showered etc we packed up the last of our stuff went to the Club Lounge at 8:30 for our last breakfast. I would definitely book club again if staying 2 nights or more. We got our money's worth and really liked it.

Took all our bags down to the car and set off along the walkway to the parks. We had decided that since we couldn't access the villa until 4pm we may as well do a last once round of the parks and do whatever rides we wanted to again. Thank the Lord for the FOLP today. With it being Saturday the park was mobbed and today was probably the biggest difference in ride times we saw using the FOLP. It took some rides from 50m to 5m and a lot of them were walk on for us passing massive queues. The boys rode Dr Doom, then we all rode Spiderman (twice), then Jurassic Park. When we entered Hogwarts, FJ was down and they were saying people could enter the queue if they wanted but they could not say how long it would be. Kids rode Hippogriff then with FJ still being down we headed for HE over to US. It was so busy today there were 8 of us in the carriage. Big difference to yesterday when we got a carriage to ourselves. Off in US and onto The Mummy (twice). The transformers (twice) then the boys went on RRR. Hannah is really tired today, getting paler by the minute and a bit grumpy. The busy days are catching up and she needs a few chill days so the move to the villa today is perfect. It was very overcast again today with it trying to rain but not coming to anything. Spitting for 5 mins then stopping again.

We did the raptor encounter. Quite funny how you know it's not real yet can't help jumping when she leans over and breathes in your ear!

By the way. Today instead of paying the $7.45 to activate the refillable cup, we brought it and just kept filling it with the free iced water from the stations, then adding a squirt of the Aldi version of robinsons squashed that we brought with us. Free and easy!

We then had to walk back to Diagon Alley as we had promised Kieran he could buy what he wanted today as the last few days we kept saying no in shops as we would have to lug everything around. So we walked back up and he bought a glass skull from Borgin and Burkes and a gold Snitch badge from the cart. Happy Boy. Walked to the entrance, stopped to choose our 2 photo prints for our Photo Connect and on to the RPR water taxi back to the hotel. Out to the car and on our way to the villa.

It was almost 3pm so we decided to see if we could get in. Coast was clear and the details sent by Joanne to get the key worked perfectly. This is Joanne's Orlando Dream Villa I found on the dibb, and as I know umpteen dibbers have contacted me to say they are due to stay in the same villa, I have promised lots of photos and detail. So look away now if you are not interested! The villa is situated in Lindfields. Our first time here but all looks fine. A mix of residential and rentals but the gardens and cars all look well tended which I always think is an indicator of how well folk respect their property. So far we haven't see a soul.

Villa is FAB! Spotlessly clean (trust me I have checked extensively!) exactly as the photos looked on the website and VERY well stocked. I have had a good old nosey around and so far have not been able to find anything I would like to have that's missing. Loads of kitchen equipment, loads of toddler equipment for anyone with wee ones, and according to Kieran a well cool games room. The pool feels nicely private and there were pool noodles and the odd inflatable waiting. Kieran wasted no time in getting in there!

LOADS of towels to use

Plenty of cupboard space and hangers

Might need a ladder to get into this bed. It's like something out of the princess and the pea!

Master en-suite. Could have a dance in here

Kevin and Hannah set off back out to the Target at Rolling Oaks up the road while I unpacked everything and got the washings started from our hotel stays.

Kevin and Hannah returned having picked up roast chicken and salad for dinner plus all the essentials (toiletries, bread, wine, beer!) so we put on our swimmies, opened a drink each and set up a make-shift dinner beside the pool. Still overcast but warm and pleasant nonetheless.

So here I am, wine in one hand, iPad in the other, catching up on today's TR while the kids muck about in the pool. I am completely satisfied with the villa so far and am pretty sure that won't change. When it gets cooler later on we will test out the games room. It's not a bad life.

If anyone has any questions about the villa not answered here feel free to ask / PM and I will do my best to answer.

For the next day or two I am hoping to just relax and enjoy the down time in the villa, but to be fair it will depend on whether the weather picks up, as we might be better bringing Kennedy or something forward and using up a duller day for that. But for now, I want an easy night, a glass of wine, and dare I say it, a FULL nights sleep!

Having a go on the wii wall 😃

Villa looks fab!
Interestimg you say you felt the club level was worth it! I keep umming and aahing about upgradi g to that at HRH, it was £280 upgradi g for 4 nights direct with hotel or £240 with virgin. Wasn't sure if it would be worth it or not, what do you think to those prices?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow! The villa looks fab looks like you are all having fun. Keep up with the good reports Iv enjoyed reading them enjoy
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Really enjoying your trip reports. I read all your TR last year and really enjoyed them so will continue this year just sorry you are not sleeping and are up writing them so early.😀
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Hello you're here

Hope your travel day went well? At least you know you will have someone to chat to at 4am Sam

Did you get settled in OK and out for dinner? Don't worry about the weather. Today is the dullest it has been and I am sure it won't last

We are having a cracking wee night tonight playing in the games room. Forgot how competitive I can be at pool

Helen x
4am... Lol I wish I'd managed to sleep until then
I'm wide awake but surrounded by snorers
The rooms lovely , we got the high floor and the block we requested and rooms together, but we are on international drive side ... can hear a bit of noise but nothing major and it's just me that's the light sleeper.
We didn't go out really last night think we were all too tired just went across the street to Walgreens to stock up on essentials and came back had a quick look around complex and ate downstairs in zebra bar and the food was nice... and the beer even better...we had earnt that first Florida beer lol.
Was a bit disappointed it was dull but it was still warm when we landed and looking at local weather it's only gonna get better , off to universal today , hope you all AV a great day today and if I spot you around and about ill come over and say hi
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed your time at RPR, the villa looks amazing and I think you all deserve a bit or R&R as you have been full on for a few days.

Great report, enjoy your stay at the villa.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, the villa looks stunning and so well laid out, I love that the master bedroom is accessible from the pool! I hope you can really start to relax now and sleep more. Thanks for all the photos, I'm so excited for July now. I'm off to show DH and the kids the photos x

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you like the villa, we loved it and your photos are bringing back memories. I laughed at the 'need a ladder to get in the bed' as that is the same thing I thought, it is massive. You look tallker than me too

Hope you get a good nights sleep.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Villa looks great, another lovely day 😄
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List