Notices

Old 26 Apr 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely report Helen, you've made KSC sound like a fantastic day out. Olive Garden take out was a good compromise x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely day, we haven't been to KSC in years, kids were only young so wouldn't remember, might give it another go this year Love HS, have fun
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a great day! We are thinking of going this year but like you not buying tickets in case we can't fit it in.
Your report is really making me want to go now though!
Have a great day in HS
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Ringo
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I am loving your trip reports and have picked up lots of tips (joined Groupon and bought house of blues voucher).
Great to hear you enjoyed Space Kennedy as we're going there for our first time next week and I was a bit unsure (not anymore) :-)
Ringo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Great account of the day..I haven't been for ages and seriously miss it! Glad everyone enjoyed it. Your takeaway looked lovely too, love the Olive Garden. Enjoy your day today x
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another fantastic day! KSC looks so interesting! We must try and fit it in one time! If we take Chris's son back any time soon we will have to go as he has recently gotten very fascinated with space!

Good idea with the take away

xx
Redrach1903 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like another fab day.

I didn't think KSC would be for me but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
Great day we will definately fit this in next year.

Was everything you did included in the basic ticket or did you pay for extras?
Everything we did was included in the basic ticket. We didn't buy any extras at all. the paid extras are things like an extended bus tour with guided parts which I think might take up a fair chunk of the day, and lunch with an astronaut which I had read mixed reviews on but I might have done this had the kids wanted to but they're weren't bothered. You can still chat to a couple of astronauts dotted around. There was one sitting in the Apollo Saturn building just chatting to folk and taking questions.

Originally Posted by POOLIEJOOLIE View Post
I haven't been to KSC since I was 19 so I had forgotten most of what was there! Sounds like a great day out. I also bought a NASA tshirt when I was there 😀 Did you guys buy any astronaut freeze dried ice-cream?
No! We didn't even see it. Not sure how we missed it! It's so hard fitting everything in and the time just flew by.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Might just have to add this to my itinerary. We haven't been since my DD was a baby when we watched a shuttle launch there. It was amazing but she was 7 months old so doesn't remember it. That was 16 years ago! can't believe we haven't been back. I need to start my plan in more detail for August.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report, hoping to get to Kennedy this summer, we discuss going each trip but haven't made it there yet. After reading about your day I really want to visit. Thanks for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List