Notices

Old 5 Aug 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks so beautiful, I love waterfalls, looks similar to Norway, where I went in June this year. Very lovely, and food looks good too!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Some lovely waterfalls, looks like you are having a very relaxing time.
You are right - even with lots of walking, it is so very relaxing!

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Looks so beautiful, I love waterfalls, looks similar to Norway, where I went in June this year. Very lovely, and food looks good too!
I would love to visit Norway! One year!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
You are right - even with lots of walking, it is so very relaxing!

I would love to visit Norway! One year!
You should do it by cruise, like we did, as it is very expensive on land to eat and drink, I loved cruising past the waterfalls and mountains every day...I did a blog post you can see it here if you are interested - mybigfatcruise

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just looked up where that is - we were near Tadoussac last year! It sounds like a fab way to spend a winter holiday! I love the mountains in winter!
Did you go whale watching off Tadoussac? Supposed to be spectacular. Yes it is a fab way to spend your holidays, but very expensive, we have been doing it since 2003 & have all our own clothing, helmets & equipment but obviously we don't have our own sleds (have looked into it as friends have offered to garage them & maintain them for us but decided against it) so the rental is pretty steep but at least we get a good deal as we are friends with the people who own the rental company thank goodness. Its lovely riding up into the mountains, last year we had 2 days of minus 40degs. & we were the only two up at the ski resort as they had closed the ski runs due to the cold
Have you tried the Poutine or heart attack on a plate, as its know? Chips in chicken gravy with cheese curd cubes on top? Don't know if they would serve it other than in winter - its great at lunch time when you have been riding all morning.
Old 6 Aug 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
You should do it by cruise, like we did, as it is very expensive on land to eat and drink, I loved cruising past the waterfalls and mountains every day...I did a blog post you can see it here if you are interested - mybigfatcruise
We are on the fence about cruising. I have bookmarked your blog and will have a read very soon. Thanks

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Did you go whale watching off Tadoussac? Supposed to be spectacular. Yes it is a fab way to spend your holidays, but very expensive, we have been doing it since 2003 & have all our own clothing, helmets & equipment but obviously we don't have our own sleds (have looked into it as friends have offered to garage them & maintain them for us but decided against it) so the rental is pretty steep but at least we get a good deal as we are friends with the people who own the rental company thank goodness. Its lovely riding up into the mountains, last year we had 2 days of minus 40degs. & we were the only two up at the ski resort as they had closed the ski runs due to the cold
Have you tried the Poutine or heart attack on a plate, as its know? Chips in chicken gravy with cheese curd cubes on top? Don't know if they would serve it other than in winter - its great at lunch time when you have been riding all morning.
It sounds like a fabulous way to holiday!

We went whalewatching in Vancouver Island so just watched the whales off the shoreline. Amazing.

Poutine - we are non meat eaters so have managed to avoid it We saw poutine ice cream in Mont Tremblant

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Poutine - we are non meat eaters so have managed to avoid it We saw poutine ice cream in Mont Tremblant
YUCK - I just can not imagine that at all
Old 7 Aug 16, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Another good day with lovely waterfalls. Looked gorgeous.

Poutine is very popular here though I have not tried it.

Really enjoying reading and seeing all your beautiful photographs.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Another good day with lovely waterfalls. Looked gorgeous.

Poutine is very popular here though I have not tried it.

Really enjoying reading and seeing all your beautiful photographs.
Thanks Jo. I think poutine must be an acquired taste. Doesn't appeal at all.

Index of my trip reports
Old 7 Aug 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanks Jo. I think poutine must be an acquired taste. Doesn't appeal at all.
Defo an acquired taste but you acquire it pretty quick when you have been out on the trails all morning in the cold and its one of the few things on offer (apart from the always lovely soup) in some of the far flung Relais we go in - we will give it a try in the Poutine Restaurant in Disney Springs when we next get there just to see if it is anything like the 'real thing'
Really loving this thread Mel - I show DH the pics you put on & he is enjoying them too - keep them coming please.
Pat
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

...Ideal summer days. (And appropriately mucky feet! )

The falls look beautiful. What is it about the sound of water?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List