Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Amazing, can't wait for some more. x
Old 20 Aug 16, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Dinner was back at bog. We checked in and were given a pager. It was hot waiting on the bridge so we walked down to the doors where they had some iced water

We were shown to our table Dd carried lumiere to light the way

Typically we were sat at the table next to the one we had sat at for breakfast.

We were given a bowl of bread rolls which the others demolished in no time. I'd forgotten to add the gluten free note to our booking so no bread for me. Our server was Martin and he was ace. We had been kept waiting briefly before he came to take our order and was really apologetic. He asked if we wanted more bread rolls, dh misheard and said no but I said yes. The waiter laughed and said he had learnt the secret to a happy marriage was agreeing with the wife! Good advice as far as I'm concerned, and promptly brought out more rolls.

Dd chose the shrimp and scallop pasta which she really enjoyed.

Ds chose the pork chop

Dh and I both had the steak cooked medium. The steak was cooked perfectly it was melt in your mouth tender.

Our server then brought the dessert trolley over and talked through the options. He said he would leave the trolley for us to decide whilst he cleared the table. When he returned dh joked this is mine (referring to the whole trolley) where's everyone else's. Dh chose the strawberry cupcake

whilst the rest of us chose the grey stuff. I just ate a little of the grey topping and found it a bit nondescript, the kids thought it was nice though.

The server asked dh what his second choice would have been and dh said the lemon meringue cupcake. The waiter then played one and gave it to him.

When we had finished he came back with a birthday card for Dd and some of the grey stuff in a mickey head shape we then embarrassed her by singing happy birthday.

We all had a soft drink which was refilled several times throughout the meal.
This was 4 table service credits we rounded the tip up to $30 as he had been so good. As we left he gave us a paper fast pass valid for any ride. Fortunately the beast was in residence so we were able to get a photo with him.
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Loving the report so far
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loving your report. My mouth is watering at the food. Lots of great tips on using the dining plan so thank you.
BOG dinner looked lush!
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thursday today and we decide to have a chill day. Kids fancy a McDonald's breakfast.
Sausage mcgriddle meal

Steak egg and cheese biscuit meal (I left the biscuit part and ate DH's hash brown)

Sausage egg and cheese bagel meal

Bacon egg and cheese bagel meal

Dd had another mocha frappe the rest of us had oj

The drinks were bigger than the uk and they had a lot more meal options but it was more expensive.
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Drooling!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Dd has been desperate to visit hot topic so we go to Florida mall. One of our favourite meals from last time was 5 guys.
The kids had bacon cheeseburgers. The regular size have 2 burgers in. Ds has his with just ketchup in.

Dd likes lots of toppings.

The burgers here are cooked to order and you choose your basic burger then add the toppings and sauces you want from a massive list. This process does take some time but it's definitely worth the wait. Dh had a cheeseburger

and I had a little bacon cheeseburger

and didn't eat the bun. I just got one large fries to share because the portion was huge

and a refillable soft drink each.

Old 20 Aug 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Dinner tonight was at o'hana.
We were given a pager and had a 30 minute wait. Our table was fairly central and it was lovely to see the castle lit up in the background. The water light parade went past which was nice to see. The service here wasn't up to much either. Our main server seemed distracted and gave the table next to us a lot more attention which was fine when we just wanted to eat our meal not so fine when waiting on drinks, food, the bill etc. I was brought out some allergy friendly rolls and the chef came out and explained that I could have the sweet and sour sauce but not the peanut sauce. I would be given my own plate of appetisers and my own desert but the skewers were fine.

And some salad for the table.

The boys don't like salad and I'd noticed all the other tables had bread rolls so when our server finally brought out my lapu lapu I asked for some rolls too.

This seemed liked a major inconvenience but we were eventually given some, although we still had no butter. I'd not been given any for mine either so again we had to ask.
The dumplings and chicken wings were really good according to the family. Dd particularly liked the dumplings.
My appetiser plate was white rice which was quite stodgy, vegetables and 2 chicken wings.

The others were then given a plate of noodles and vegetables. This barely got touched.

They came around with the skewers first the steak then chicken then shrimp.

They were generous with the servings and we were offered more of each. A man came around singing and playing a ukulele. He then conducted the coconut race which my 2 decided they were far too old and cool to participate in.
I was brought out my desert plate which tasted like brownie with fresh fruit and ice cream

The others had the bread pudding which they said was very nice dh described it as soft and creamy.

Whilst eating desert wishes started. This was lovely to watch with the music piped in.
I tipped just under 18% ($30) as the service hadn't been great and paid oop for my drink total bill was $44.91
Old 20 Aug 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab read mmmmmmm!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Loving this so far. Excited to see more.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List