Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Nov 16, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Excited to read this! Love your previous reports
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Me too. Dixons food report us always a winner. Can't wait for the next installment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
louikane
VIP Dibber

louikane's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Whoop, love your food reports!
2017 Sunset Lakes
2019 Emerald Island
2023 Emerald Island
2024 OKW
louikane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Food review October and November 2016

Intro

The usual suspects

Me - Stephanie 41 will eat most foods and like trying new things

DH, 42. He chooses not to have his photo on the dibb but is with us honestly. Only driver in US (I have never been brave enough to drive on the wrong side). He enjoys disney food but is fussier than me and detests mushrooms (DH - fungus) and seafood (DH - prefers it to amble before death)

DD Anna age 10. She was born without her left hand as you will see on the photos but manages well. This was her first trip as a 10 year old disney adult. She prefers simple food and doesn't like sauces (even ketchup!) or things mixed. Still usually orders childrens meals.

This was our 5th time using the free dining plan.

2009, 2010, 2013 we had the regular ddp and 2012 we upgraded to deluxe dxddp.

We have had a few years recently of mainly Universal holidays with offsite eating so the plan was just disney this time.

We stayed onsite at Animal kingdom lodge our first time staying there. We had booked direct with disney uk and had the free dining plan offer and $200 gift card which we used to pay off items charged to the room.

Plan was to use DD's adult credits and pay for kids meals where possible (anywhere not a buffet, package or family style)

We also payed for some extra TS meals as we had more planned than credits.

We had no problem at all paying cash for DD for kids meals. I asked for a kids menu at check in and told the server what we were doing when they asked if we were on dining plan eg Me and DH will be using credits and I want to pay cash for DD.

Sometimes I charged DD's to the room, sometimes paid actual cash for it.

The only place that queried it was rainforest cafe where the person seating us said it was up to the server and the kids portion was small (I think she was assuming DD was a lot older than she is). The server was fine with her ordering a kids breakfast and the kids waffle was massive.

One server offered to make a bigger portion of the kids meal if we wanted to use a credit (we didn't, I'm not wasting a $40 adult credit on chicken nuggets)

I also paid cash for DD at the California grill brunch as the age there for child price was 3-11 not the usual 3-9.

All dining credits were used! Some for sweets to bring home.

Links in my signature to my previous dining reviews

Hopefully will manage my usual dining review then a full trip report.

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dining Review October and November 2016

Day 1 Travel Day

Sunday 23rd October

Breakfast Manchester Airport Terminal 3

Trattoria Milano

There isn't much choice at T3, we had eaten here in May and it was nice so we headed here again.

We had two of the massimo breakfasts and a basket of toast and shared with DD. Food was nice again.

Cost was Ł27.03 with a tea and a coffee, DD just had water.

Lunch Plane

We flew American Airlines again. Manchester to Philadelphia then onto MCO. Food was poor, meatballs or mushroom pasta, they don't do kids meals.

DD wont eat plane food so we got her a plain sandwich at the airport. For the afternoon snack it was a grilled cheese which was oddly sweet and a danish not the cold sandwiches the UK airlines do. We also got a small pot of vanilla icecream midway though.

No food just drinks and pretzels on the Philadelphia to MCO flight.

Dinner

The Mara QS Animal Kingdom Lodge

We collected our resort refill mugs which were included with the dining plan. No handles on the mugs when we checked in but when we checked out all the new mugs had handles. Lid colours were red, blue pink and purple.

We shared 2 QS credits between 3 of us

DD got the 8 piece chicken nuggets and fries and DH the cheesburger and fries. Each meal comes with a dessert and a drink but you can swap either or both for anything that is a snack. For the four snacks I got the coconut curry soup, DD a Mickey premium bar, we shared a tub of 4 zebra domes (which are in the Mara fridge) and DH a bottle of perrier water for the room.

The nuggets are really good, proper chicken. DD loved these you will see them eaten a lot. I shared a few. The soup was lovely just the same as served at Boma. They always had butternut squash soup on and rotated the other soup - chicken corn chowder, coconut chicken curry, carrot and ginger or chicken mulligatawny. Dh said the burger was ok - they do have pickles or jalapenos to add.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

yaaay, following x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
yaaay, following x
You know exactly how bad the outbound food was as you were in the row behind us!

Thanks for following
Old 13 Nov 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
laalaa
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love your food reports! In fact, I think yours was the very first one I read & I was hooked!
Old 13 Nov 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Great start !
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Great start looking forward to more. Think we will be paying oop for a few of DD1's meals as well.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List