Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Send her a text tonight keeping it friendly but still voicing your concerns. At least that way you’ve put it out there and the balls in her court.
It maybe sounds like she might already know that you aren’t happy about certain aspects of the holiday.
Maybe text her with your concerns and see if she’s free tomorrow or at a point next week to have a chat.
Hopefully you can both clear the air before you have to go away and spend all of this time together.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

If the loss to you is bearable I'd be kicking it into touch. You've been more than reasonable, she's being very selfish. I wouldn't want a friend that behaved like that. Just saying.
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m going to treat it as a solo holiday and she can join me when she wants to/feels like it - just fed up with the whole situation now
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
I’m going to treat it as a solo holiday and she can join me when she wants to/feels like it - just fed up with the whole situation now
Defo the right way to go about this.
I panicked when I went with my Sister and not my Husband as I was solely in charge of the kids but I would have never asked for her help or ask her to leave our room and she's their Aunt. I'm assuming you've paid 50/50 as the child was probably free, so she has no right to dictate what you can and can't do. Enjoy the trip. I love the idea of going around the hotels, NY is lovely this time of year.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm confused as to how you are both so close friends... close enough that she asked you along on holiday with her and you agreeing to... that you had absolutely no idea about her son's medical condition? I mean, have you never asked her how he is, surely if you're as close friends as you say you had SOME idea of his condition.

Personally from what I've read on here i don't think you are as good as friends as you're making out to be as I find it very difficult to see how you didn't know anything about this condition. Even talking on the phone about him surely it's come up or she's past a comment at some stage. Hospital appointments even. I know if my friends say they've an appointment for their kids I'd be saying is everything OK? And phoning later to see how they got on...

Honestly if it were me, is have no bother giving my friend a hand with her child if the situation arose.

The leaving the room for him to get to sleep on the otherhand she'd be told no. Unless I wanted that time to myself in the parks.

I know I'm totally going against the opinion of others on here but I just find it very hard to believe that there's been no mention of this before now.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
I'm confused as to how you are both so close friends... close enough that she asked you along on holiday with her and you agreeing to... that you had absolutely no idea about her son's medical condition? I mean, have you never asked her how he is, surely if you're as close friends as you say you had SOME idea of his condition.

Personally from what I've read on here i don't think you are as good as friends as you're making out to be as I find it very difficult to see how you didn't know anything about this condition. Even talking on the phone about him surely it's come up or she's past a comment at some stage. Hospital appointments even. I know if my friends say they've an appointment for their kids I'd be saying is everything OK? And phoning later to see how they got on...

Honestly if it were me, is have no bother giving my friend a hand with her child if the situation arose.

The leaving the room for him to get to sleep on the otherhand she'd be told no. Unless I wanted that time to myself in the parks.

I know I'm totally going against the opinion of others on here but I just find it very hard to believe that there's been no mention of this before now.
Well that’s me told really isn’t it - when have I said she’s my best friend? As I’ve said on many occasions there is a fair distance between us therefore most of our contact is through phone calls. We work together and meet more
In the summer in London when we have meetings etc and work together throughout the year and we both love Disney and both went to Orlando this year and have talked and met up for hours discussing holidays to Disney and decided that we would have a holiday without our partners to see Disney at Christmas

I know plenty about her son and his issues and there are far more than I have disclosed on here as they are not relevant to the situation - this is not something that has been discussed no. I’m not sure why, but who am I to question her reasons as they are hers alone and if she didn’t want to discuss them with me then fair enough and obviously in this situation she has told me as obviously she’s concerned about the holiday

Edited at 10:35 PM.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Has she still not contacted you this evening after you tried to speak to her today? I think you are doing the right thing to treat it as a solo trip. Hope that you can enjoy it.
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Having dealt with bowel issues for many years it is unfortunately quite a taboo subject even in this day and age so I can understand that it has not been fully discussed although ideally should have been mentioned more than 2 weeks before the holiday.

The op does not need to give us a full history of her friendship and what she knows about the wee boy when just posting for advice and we sometimes assume things wrongly.

Hopefully both your love of Disney and friendship will shine through and I sincerely hope you will all have a wonderful, magical trip seeing DLP in its Xmas glory
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Having dealt with bowel issues for many years it is unfortunately quite a taboo subject even inl this day and age so I can understand that it has not been fully discussed although ideally should have been mentioned more than 2 weeks before the holiday.

The op does not need to give us a full history of her friendship and what she knows about the wee boy when just posting for advice and we sometimes assume things wrongly.

Hopefully both your love of Disney and friendship will shine through and I sincerely hope you will all have a wonderful, magical trip seeing DLP in its Xmas glory
Thank you I really hope so
Old 16 Nov 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Perhaps your friend had a bad day yesterday and was worried you might be about to cancel on her?
Anyway, I do think this has been whipped up into a bit of a frenzy, it is totally possible you will actually have a fantastic time, its only for a couple of days after all.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread