Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Harry Potter studios - repeat visit?

Hi all,

We visited Harry Potter studios when it first opened and I know there have been additions made since then.

I was just wondering, have many of you been more than once? Were the added extras worth the second visit?

We are fans, but only to a degree - we wouldn’t need a repeat visit if things were exactly as they were at the beginning - so it’s just whether the added extras warrant another visit?

Many thanks for any thoughts 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have been 3 times (the last time 2 years ago) and are going again in July to catch up on the new "new stuff".

I think the first time you go, you get the lie of the land, how it is laid out, how it works, where to spend some time, where you want to spend more time, the logistics of eating/drinking/loo/photo opportunities/looking for stuff related to your favourite cast member/value of stuff in the shop. (Pretty much like a trip to Florida!)

It seems "easier" the next time and there is so much new stuff - there was new stuff the second time we visited - the bridge being the most notable.

Then on our third trip, we visited a different time of year for a special wand event which was magical - Deatheaters wandering round, the duelling stage, wand carvers demonstrating, different resin cast wands for different camera shots etc...

This time there is so much new stuff... we are looking forward to it greatly... would say yes, it is worth it. Look for a special event, or Christmas where everything is "dressed" differently, then you have even more added value...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I’ve been three times and will be going again this summer. If the first time you went was when it was just Hogsmeade then yes, I would definitely recommend going back. You can ride the Hogwarts express (both directions as slightly different each way), the gringotts ride, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley and all the new shops plus this summer the Dragon ride has gone and a new ride has taken its place. Plus you have the Hogwarts light show at night. Lots of new stuff for you to see and if you are a Harry Potter fan then I would definitely say it is worth it.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
I’ve been three times and will be going again this summer. If the first time you went was when it was just Hogsmeade then yes, I would definitely recommend going back. You can ride the Hogwarts express (both directions as slightly different each way), the gringotts ride, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley and all the new shops plus this summer the Dragon ride has gone and a new ride has taken its place. Plus you have the Hogwarts light show at night. Lots of new stuff for you to see and if you are a Harry Potter fan then I would definitely say it is worth it.
I think you are talking about Orlando but the question is about London.

I’m also curious. We went about 5 years ago. The bridge was there but I think there has been quite a lot of new stuff since then so I would like to go back.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Oh sorry didn’t read this properly. I’ve also been there 3 times. Since original opening they have expanded to add in the Hogwarts express, the forbidden forest and this year they have opened up the Gringotts area. The last time I went it was in December so the Great Hall was all decorated for Christmas. There will be lots of new things for you to see and if you are a fan then it is definitely worth seeing.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

We went in 2012 and then again last year. It was definitely worth the repeat visit six years later. Yes some things are exactly the same. New things for us were being able to walk through 4 Privet Drive, the Forbidden Forest, the (stationary) Hogwarts Express. I also did a filmed broomstick ride for the first time, this was there in 2012 I think but we didn’t do it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
We have been 3 times (the last time 2 years ago) and are going again in July to catch up on the new "new stuff".

I think the first time you go, you get the lie of the land, how it is laid out, how it works, where to spend some time, where you want to spend more time, the logistics of eating/drinking/loo/photo opportunities/looking for stuff related to your favourite cast member/value of stuff in the shop. (Pretty much like a trip to Florida!)

It seems "easier" the next time and there is so much new stuff - there was new stuff the second time we visited - the bridge being the most notable.

Then on our third trip, we visited a different time of year for a special wand event which was magical - Deatheaters wandering round, the duelling stage, wand carvers demonstrating, different resin cast wands for different camera shots etc...

This time there is so much new stuff... we are looking forward to it greatly... would say yes, it is worth it. Look for a special event, or Christmas where everything is "dressed" differently, then you have even more added value...
Sounds good - although we wouldn’t be going for a special event - we have a specific date in mind, as were thinking we could go to break up a journey to Dover for us at the beginning of our summer holiday 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve only been once, a couple of weeks ago, but We loved the Gringotts bit which is new so I would say it’s probably worth doing again based on how much we enjoyed that bit
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’ve been twice and we’re planning a third trip
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been twice now and to be honest we've both agreed that we may need another visit, just to appreciate the finer details. Plus its an excuse to pay another visit to the gift shop