Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Oct 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
eri
New Poster (3)

Talking Villa Shopping List

Hello all! This is my first post, a mere 19 days before the trip.
We're staying in a private villa for the duration of the holiday, and of course, it's self catered. We go to Publix to do grocery shopping on the first night, and I was wondering what you'd all recommend buying from there for the week? I've made a rather brief outline, however I was wondering what those of you who stay in a self catered place get for the time you're there.
Oh, also, we're there for 12 days, and there is four of us, if that helps!
eri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are regular visitors in a villa but there's only two of us so may not be typical. We also eat about 75% of breakfasts out and 100% of dinners apart from first night.

The only thing we take, apart from personal washing stuff, is instant coffee as we simply don't like US brands. We always stock up at Publix on our first night starting with their fried chicken with salad for first night's dinner as we're too tired to eat out.

Then its toilet rolls (although there's always some there), dishwasher tabs, washing machine liquid, cans of soda - usually on offer if you buy a three pack, fruit juices and anything else that we spot walking round.

Mick
Old 8 Oct 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We usually pick up the likes of loo rolls, kitchen rolls, washing up liquid, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, dishwasher tabs and any other kitchen stuff at Dollar Tree; $1 for each & not in huge bulk sizes.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Were also staying in a villa.

I take my own dishwasher tabs. Cheap box from Aldi. Same with laundry liquid.
I also take a washing up sponge. Such a small thing but when its late and your tired and you need to clean one plate/glass etc you can never find one!

Also buying here in the UK means it doesn't come out of my holiday spends which is for Mickey shaped treats and half the outlets
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
eri
New Poster (3)

Thanks all for some great replies! We'll probably end up taking LadyFromage's advice, and buying some stuff in Aldi. We do eat out the majority of the time, but we'd still have to get some little bits and bobs in the supermarket.
We usually get NYPD pizza as well on the first night!
eri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We always buy the absolute minimum from Publix on arrival night, just enough to get us through to the next morning. Fried Chicken is an essential.
The following morning we head off to Aldi for the fortnights shopping.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

We went to Aldi on way from tampa airport to champions gate and brought everything, however, we got to the villa and it already had, tea, coffee, cooking oil, sugar etc etc, never been to a villa that had all the basics in before, it was a surprise! We still used our stuff and left what we didn’t use to add to the ‘stock’. Also we had been there a few days and then found reusable universal cups, we had already brought some too ! I think this was a one off spectacular Dibb villa tho.

Next time we go I will probably check out the villa first to see what’s there before heading off for the big shop!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We take loo rolls lol my kids make loo rolls disappear at a startling rate
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I take a little pot of salt and pepper, in nearly 30 years of staying in villas I have only ever stayed in one that had some in the cupboard, I also take an English plug gang so I only need one USA adaptor, I go to dollar tree for dish washer tablets, shower gels, shampoos etc and if there is any left at the end of the holiday I leave it behind for the next guests or cleaner to take home.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
We take loo rolls lol my kids make loo rolls disappear at a startling rate
I don't think we are allowed to use UK quality toilet paper as it blocks their pipes, I buy extra rolls from dollar tree.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List